September Prompts, Week Three... Suggestions - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

Writers' Guild

A community for writers of all genres to hone our craft, with monthly exercises, challenges, and collaborative writing. Open to anyone who enjoys writing!

September Prompts, Week Three... Suggestions

This song always struck something in me - "The Man Who Sold The World" by David Bowie

We passed upon the stair, we spoke of was and when
Although I wasn't there, he said I was his friend
Which came as some surprise I spoke into his eyes
I thought you died alone, a long long time ago

Oh no, not me
I never lost control
You're face to face
With The Man Who Sold The World

I laughed and shook his hand, and made my way back home
I searched for form and land, for years and years I roamed
I gazed a gazely stare at all the millions here
We must have died alone, a long long time ago

Who knows? not me
We never lost control
You're face to face
With the Man who Sold the World

And here's my suggestion. It's another non-music video, but this time it's SFW and won't trigger the filters at Kanavel's work!

Doll Face

Thanks, WW. It was also covered by Johnny Cougar - the early incarnation of John Melancamp. It's an eerie song, and it may be suited well to a short story, or even a novel. Bowie is an incredibly versatile writer/singer, a chamelion, if you will. Place him in front of a new genre and he blends in, then excels.

I'm a huge Bowie fan. Space Oddity and Ashes to Ashes are two of my favorites. I could list more Bowie songs I love, but we'd be getting way off topic.

As we have just made a song prompt for this week, I'm going to keep my awesome tune for next week suggestion. For now, I present a wonderful picture of a creature I love: the jellyfish!