More on MnM3e and DC adventures - Page 3 - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

Gaming Discussion

For all things gaming related.

More on MnM3e and DC adventures

I haven't had a chance to compare DCA and M&M3; are there any rule differences between the two? Is the DCA Hero's Handbook just the M&M3 handbook with DC heroes instead of M&M's resident heroes? I'm trying to decide which book to buy and whether that locks me into one line of books or another.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Real Orion View Post
I haven't had a chance to compare DCA and M&M3; are there any rule differences between the two? Is the DCA Hero's Handbook just the M&M3 handbook with DC heroes instead of M&M's resident heroes? I'm trying to decide which book to buy and whether that locks me into one line of books or another.
No rules differences between the two . . . though the M&M3e book does incorporate the latest published errata. The printed editions of DCA do not.

[Edit] - The M&M3e book is laid out much better than DCA IMO.

They're the same set of rules except that the M&M is more updated with the erratas that happened between the DCA book and the MnM heroes handbook, nothing you can't find online though..

EDIT Ninja'd by Law!

Thanks, guys and gals for the quick answer! But now I'm torn. I'd love to have the stats for the DC characters, but obviously, I'd rather have the corrected book. I'll have to go with the M&M3e book. I wouldn't be running games in the DCU anyway. They are useful, though, as a way to peg power levels. Alas...

Any word on a corrected DC Adv. book?

I think the PDF version of the DCA book is updated with the new rules, it's just the print version that's not.. I have the MnM 3e book (PDF and print version) and the DC Adventures Heroes and Villains book (PDF).. The DCA Heroes and Villains book gets me what I need, especially once Volume 2 comes out.

I have a copy of the print version of DCA and the PDF version of the Handbook... I actually like the DC stuff (and that my big draw)... there are some things in the updates I'm not a huge a fan... just feel like character generation got longer with just an effects based system but that is just me... *shrugs*

Was anyone else severely disappointed with the art in the M&M3e book? The whole thing just says "cheese" to me, especially the cover. And the gender and race representation for a book printed in 2011 is absolutely abysmal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronLegion View Post
I actually like the DC stuff (and that my big draw)... there are some things in the updates I'm not a huge a fan... just feel like character generation got longer with just an effects based system
Orion, be aware that by "updates" here TheIronLegion means the changes between 2nd and 3rd ed. Character creation in DCA and in M&M3e (updated with the errata) is identical.

Am I the only person that's noticed that this thread was necro'd from over a year ago?