Players of Older D&D (2e/earlier) and Clones - Page 61 - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

Gaming Discussion

For all things gaming related.

Players of Older D&D (2e/earlier) and Clones

U1 Sinister Secret of Saltmarsh
U2 Danger at Dunwater
U3 The Final Enemy

Thanks, BW. I Googled it and got the same answer from Wikipedia.

Someday, I hope to remember to use Google before I ask a stupid question!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excior View Post
Castle Spulzeer is a good Mod I loved it
Spulzeer was awesome as was its sequel crossing over into Ravenloft (it's name escapes me but think it was the Forgotten Terror). I still have both modules but never had the pleasure of putting anyone through them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballingray View Post
Spulzeer was awesome as was its sequel crossing over into Ravenloft (it's name escapes me but think it was the Forgotten Terror). I still have both modules but never had the pleasure of putting anyone through them.
I never got to do the sequel our DM could not find it so we ended up doing the alternet ending

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballingray View Post
You are correct. The sequel was/is TSR 9537 The Forgotten Terror.

It was just the whole concept of shrinking the characters and placing them in a miniature, crystalline world formed around its insane master's psyche. Awesome adventure.

I dunno, I'm not wild about the shrinking of characters. Reminds me too much of Beyond the Magic Mirror and those kinds of campy shenanigans.

First AD&D campaign I ever ran (back in the first edition days) was based on the players shrinking at an impromptu gaming session on the steps of the University library and becoming their characters - on a centimeter to the meter scale. it was quite fun, because we started out on those steps, the concept was explained, and they scoped out the architecture, the landscape and the local lifeforms, and started to appreciate the scale of their difficulties. :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yrel View Post
I dunno, I'm not wild about the shrinking of characters. Reminds me too much of Beyond the Magic Mirror and those kinds of campy shenanigans.
I loved those two modules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excior View Post
I loved those two modules
That's cool. There is a lot in them that is good. Very, very imaginative, too. It's just not in my nature as a DM to put the characters in a situation like that where they basically have no control once they decide to eat or drink the things that transport them through the magic mirror.

I don't like rides at the fair, either.

However, I realize and accept that both of those quirks about me are not shared by everyone, and that's perfectly cool.