What to do if you meet an alien - Page 2 - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

General Discussion

All-purpose section for discussions that don’t clearly belong in any of the other categories.

What to do if you meet an alien

It brings us love! Break it's legs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanaNari View Post
IF they show up. It's either because they want to strip mine our planet (doubt it- space is full of mud and metal- why fight a gravity well for supplies?)... they want us as slaves (why? They gotta have robots better than us)... or they want to find out if humans really are the biggest nymphos in the universe.
Thank you, Captain Jack Harkness...

After the discovery of a planet made entirely of diamond recently, you have to think that aliens just downgraded us from "strip mine and a meal" to just "a meal".

I say we put them all into a slummy District and name them 'Prawns'. That'll show 'em a thing or two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drkrough View Post
After the discovery of a planet made entirely of diamond recently, you have to think that aliens just downgraded us from "strip mine and a meal" to just "a meal".
Huh? It would be harder to create graphene from diamond than a carbon asteroid. As for a meal, we likely to be as nutritious to them as grass is to us. No, the only value we might have to them would be big game hunting.

Well then, judging by how our typical interactions with people go... there's no wonder they wouldn't want to make themselves apparent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnhcorey View Post
the only value we might have to them would be big game hunting.
Yeah. Because humans are just the combat beasts of the universe. No, I'm sure there's far more intimidating predators on other planets. Probably every planet that's evolved something resembling vertebrates has at least one life form that would kick our asses to the curb.

I'm sticking to the sex theory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanaNari View Post
Probably every planet that's evolved something resembling vertebrates has at least one life form that would kick our asses to the curb.
Including this one.

Brains and tools go a long way to evening up the score though.

And therein lies the challenge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordOfUndead View Post
The hokie pokie. Everyone knows the hokie pokie.
What if the hokie pokie really IS what it's all about?

On topic: I'm going to guarantee that I'm not really the first. Sure, I may be the first one to do so publicly, but nobody really believes that they haven't been here before. Pyramids, Stonehenge, ancient Egyptians with advanced mathematics...come on. We haven't been alone on this planet for at least 6,000 years.