General Discussion

All-purpose section for discussions that don’t clearly belong in any of the other categories.

The Walking Dead - Season 3

Yeah yeah yea, and it falls right into every troop outlined in the essay "Seven Scientific Reasons why a Zombie Apocolips can't happen." The one that doesn't even mention corpses rising or a virus that kills you and keeps your corpse mobile and aggressively hunting none carriers and still makes Zombies look insane.

But still, I keep getting people telling me it realistic, and turning it on to see shot guns that never run out of ammo and other such face palm inducing moments. When they stop doing that I might watch it. If they stop doing it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephirothsword117 View Post
But still, I keep getting people telling me it realistic, and turning it on to see shot guns that never run out of ammo and other such face palm inducing moments. When they stop doing that I might watch it. If they stop doing it.
I don't believe the Guv'n reloaded his weirdo goofy looking Assault Rifle the entire season. Btu I could be wrong. I don't remember much anymore. I stopped watching all the little details when Season 2 had no defining plot and everything was a run on of random nonsense with no emphasis of anything important. Let's have 4 episodes about them trying to see who knows if Lori is pregnant or who doesn't.

I wholeheartedly agree. The only way I can enjoy any form of fictional action media depicting dead people walking around eating the living is if they spend the requisite amount of airtime paying extremely close attention to the limitations of real-world firearm magazines and chamber capacities.

Or.. Or, you could just say.. "Well, they did cut away from him after he fired that burst.. He could have reloaded then. It just was not on screen."

Allow me to say this.. I have enjoyed the show for the most part. But the show definitely has issues. I just think the "Unlimited Ammo Cheat" complaint is just picking nits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyJaeger
I just think the "Unlimited Ammo Cheat" complaint is just picking nits.
I agree with this in every instance except Herschel's "last stand" at the farm. Switching out a magazine during a cutaway in entirely believable, but loading a shotgun with the number of rounds he was putting out... much less so. I'm not concerned with them having exact numbers on every firearm ever, but that scene was a bit jarring for me. At the bare minimum, they missed out on a chance to really kick up the tension.

Also, I'm sure the Governor had plenty of time to reload his AUG between scenes.

Not to mention the tanks at first episode.. Why had they not rolled say.. 100K biters to dust with their tracks? For Walking Dead, they really should rethink how easy it would be to dismantle the "horde" All it really needs it ubran enviroment(narrow streets) and few men in streamrollers... and few hours time.. splat-splat-splat..and you would get walker-pitza, not like they could get into steel encased cockpits any time soon.

I'll agree with most of the two posts above me. Though I would again add early on Shane disabling the manual safety on a glock, a band famous since induction for no manual safety and up-until there most recent product generation no safety at all.

And yeah, if there's scenes in-between him shooting every time he does so that don't feature him, I'll buy reloading at that time, particularly if all he's doing is changing mags. The farm though, ugh.

And it would be easier to dismiss the issues of people would stop telling me how wonderfully realistic it is. *Headdesk.*