The Hidden Coast - Recruiting Again - Myth-Weavers

The Hidden Coast - Recruiting Again

Old May 14 '19, 8:28am
Joker

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
The Hidden Coast - Recruiting Again

The Hidden Coast - Forum
Pathfinder

Summary: The Hidden Coast is a rather slow-paced, lowkey game I've been running for over 10 years now, and the number of current players has whittled down low enough that I'm looking for some fresh blood. The party is currently in a witch's fortress, battling against an cult of evil demi-humans and their allies who seek to awaken an ancient evil. It's time for some of the prisoners and slaves to cast off their shackles and rise up to join the heroes and reclaim their freedom!

What I am looking for: 2 to 4 more players to join up with the group to join them in their quest as they battle the evil cult.

Some possible ideas for possible characters include, but are not limited to:
- A villager who went exploring the area and found themselves kidnapped by the witch's forces! Now awaiting sacrifice, the heroes are their final hope.
- A big game monster hunter/paladin/something who heard about the monsters in the swamp and wanted to do something about them.
- A cleric who learned of the curse emanating from this area and hoped to do something about it, only to be captured.
- A scholar who approached the witch in hopes of patronage only to get dropped in the pits.
- Something cool, it's your character.

Divine spellcaster/healer type characters are always helpful, but any other type of character is fine as well.

Character creation:
Character applications go in this thread.
Sources: Most 1PP Pathfinder material only - general stuff from the PRPG, APG, Ultimate Magic, Ultimate Combat and so forth is fine, but if you take Sacred Geometry I will cry.
Level: 4, with 12000 exp (medium EXP track).
Hit Points: Max at first level, average for level 2 and 3
Gold: 6000 gp
Races: Common ones only please, no ARG custom races
Alignment: No restriction on alignment, but no one wants to play with chaotic stupid.
Stats: 20 point buy.
Special Rules: I think the only special rule worth noting is we're using fractional BAB.
Background: An interesting background information is always a plus. This isn't Golarion setting, so feel free to make up any number of details.

I'm out of country right now for the next two weeks so my post-rate is very slow. Any questions you ask will hopefully be answered by one of my current players until I get the time to answer it myself.

Game Description:

Far to the west, across the Dry Sea, lies "civilization," the Western Kingdoms; a land of constant warring and strife. Over the years, many have braved the journey to the east to begin life anew in the Hidden Coast. The Hidden Coast - a land covered in fog and long shrouded in mystery. Sheltered from the western kingdoms by the hostile Dry Sea and the imposing peaks of the Windswept Mountains, the Hidden Coast is land said to be untamed and uncivilized. To the south lie the jungles and secluded city states of the Three Seas. To the north, tale has been spread far and wide of a harsh and inhospitable land at the peak of the world and the wild barbarians who live there.

But the Hidden Coast is not so different from other places. Here, farmers and villagers live out their lives in small, isolated towns and communities. Merchants travel the roads, rivers, and coasts, ever wary of bandits, pirates, and monsters.

Hey! I've played PbP before, but not on the Myth-Weavers forum. I'll try and get something put in over the next day or so, but fair warning, it's likely to be a bit rough, as I'm not familiar with all this forum's tools. Yay for learning!

EDIT: Just so I know what parameters I'm working with, what do you mean by "common races"? Does that mean core only, or can that be anything that I haven't specifically crafted from the Race Builder to complement my build in some disgusting way, or does it fall somewhere in between? Specifically, I tend to like aasimar, tieflings, and skinwalkers a lot.

Which players are still in?

I think Iíve got enough applicants for now. Thanks, everyone.