This week in video games... - Page 104 - Myth-Weavers

General Discussion

All-purpose section for discussions that donít clearly belong in any of the other categories.

This week in video games...

Alright I just finished a 1.2 hour session of Blood Dragon.

This. Game...IS AWESOME!

Seriously, it's like a mix of Saints Row, and the original X-com, mixed with GI Joe. It hits me in all the right places.

I also find it weird how both the first mission of Saints Row 4, and Farcry Blood Dragon use the exact same song for the helicopter intro mission, where you stop a nuclear missile launch. Is that a reference to something?

Is it 'Ride of the Valkyries'?

If so, it's a reference to a famous helicopter attack scene in 'Apocalypse Now'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber_Goddess View Post
What do people call it when girls find stuff really attractive? I know what I want to say, but I'm not sure if I'm allowed to say it on this forum.

Either way, I look forward to it. Time to kick butt for the world!
Lol you're a hoot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leons1701 View Post
Is it 'Ride of the Valkyries'?

If so, it's a reference to a famous helicopter attack scene in 'Apocalypse Now'.
According to the Saints Row wiki.

"The opening helicopter scene is taken from the film "Predator", in which "Long Tall Sally" by Little Richard also plays."

So apparently it's this song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFFgbc5Vcbw

Did you get to the D.A.R.E. reference yet? It's killing me not to quote that bit. =D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Planeswalker817 View Post
Did you get to the D.A.R.E. reference yet? It's killing me not to quote that bit. =D
You mean the "Don't do Drugs" bit? Yeah that was hilarious. Go ahead and quote it!

Ah, life is good sometimes.

I want to co-op with friend, but friend doesn't have any co-op games on steam.

Friend: "The reason I got a job was so I could burn money on games"
Me: "Don't waste your money wait for a sale."

The NEXT weekend, what goes on sale on steam?

Saints Row Ultimate Franchise Pack 75% off.

Ah....fate you are not without a sense of irony.

I'm not sure what his reaction to this is going to be either. "Wow that was lucky" or "Oh my god I am so screwed, I have to co-op with the equivalent of an Inuyasha Otaku Fangirl. You've seen how insane this woman is, she manages to put Saints Row references in bloody medieval trading games!"

I've finally learned my lesson, myself, and have decided to hold off on buying games I don't *have* to play *RIGHT NOW* until Steam has them on sale. Which means I have like a half dozen games to buy come July. It's going to be a busy, busy month lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber_Goddess View Post
I'm not sure what his reaction to this is going to be either. "Wow that was lucky" or "Oh my god I am so screwed, I have to co-op with the equivalent of an Inuyasha Otaku Fangirl. You've seen how insane this woman is, she manages to put Saints Row references in bloody medieval trading games!"
Oh dear lord... I kinda want to add you on Steam just to see how true this is lol.

"It's like Dragon Ball Z for girls!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Planeswalker817 View Post
"It's like Dragon Ball Z for girls!"
Dragon Ball Z isn't for girls already?

No seriously, what do the guys have in Dragon Ball Z. You have that one shot character Marron who was a gold digger, you have Doctor Brief's wife, you have the married Android 18, the stuck up Bulma, and the education mama Chi-chi.

What do the girls get?

Oh that's right, lots of hunky muscled up guys who just happen to lose their shirts in almost every fight they up in. Or have we all forgotten....

You don't see stuff like this coming from the women of DBZ! Not blatent fanservice like this! It's also why I enjoy comic books, especially DC, all the men are straight up hunks! There isn't a thin wimp in sight! Sure the boys have their Power Girls and such, but I don't get strange looks when I read them. When a girl reads comic books and watches fanservice anime it's seen as "hip" and "the sacred female nerd", when a boy does it, you get judged by mainstream society at as a loser who never grew up.

Quite frankly you nerd boys get the short end of the stick when it comes to fanservice. So long as I stay away from the Yaoi no one bats an eye of judgement at all! You guys can't so much as look at Love Hina without getting called perverts! Meanwhile it's seen as amazing that I know what half of the stuff Sage covers on anime abandon IS.