This week in video games... - Page 753 - Myth-Weavers

General Discussion

All-purpose section for discussions that donít clearly belong in any of the other categories.

This week in video games...

... and the Outer Worlds [forgot that one earlier]

and I've just found out there's a new Terraria due this year. Happy Days.

Holy smokes, plus two new (to us in the West anyway) Romancing SaGa games (#3 and Scarlet Grace: Ambitions) were just announced too! I loved the super-weirdness of Romancing SaGa 2 when I played it on mobile a few years back, so I'm especially stoked to see these two coming.

Cyberpunk 2077, Watch_Dogs Legion, and Baldur's Gate.... add in the new Pokemon and all my time is going to be taken up. x_x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin View Post
I find myself quite curious to see the extent to which The Keanu is involved.
They said he's your companion for most if not the entire game.

That is SOOOOOOO cool!!

Makes that line in the little snippet of gameplay they showed during the E3 release date reveal. At one point you can hear the male PC's voice say "Mr Hand sent me." That's what originally clued me in that Keanu was Johnny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin View Post
I find myself quite curious to see the extent to which The Keanu is involved.
Johnny Silverhand is one of the metacharacters from the original system. I don't think they'll play it out the same way as Firestorm

But given that he has the most dialogue in the game after "V", he's quite a major character.

If you watch the cinematic, you can see how Johnny glitches and parts of him fade out for an instant. However nothing else glitches, so it's not V's cybereyes that are the cause of the glitch, it's Johnny.

IMO, he's already dead and either Alt, Rache, or both turned him into a digital ghost. I know Mike hinted that he could still be alive in an interview with YongYea talking about long lifespans and whatnot, but if they're using canon, Johnny's already dead.

The love for Keanu that has come since i watched him at E3 has warmed my heart. I am really interested in the rpg they said comes free download too, if i understood correctly.

(Please ignore my random convo insertion im new and trying to meet my 5 post minimum for outside links.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arklytte View Post
If you watch the cinematic, you can see how Johnny glitches and parts of him fade out for an instant. However nothing else glitches, so it's not V's cybereyes that are the cause of the glitch, it's Johnny.

IMO, he's already dead and either Alt, Rache, or both turned him into a digital ghost. I know Mike hinted that he could still be alive in an interview with YongYea talking about long lifespans and whatnot, but if they're using canon, Johnny's already dead.
Johnnys death was right before the destruction of Arasaka Tower and the nuking of night city, putting the setting into 203X and post cyberpunk (and terrible splat art). He could be dead, he could also be down loaded into you because Alt didn't want him to stay dead (Firestorm could have been attempted but failed). It could also be Alt trying to shield Johnny from Arasaka by blocking anyone with cyberoptics from seeing him if she doesn't want them to.

Or we could be over analyzing it an Johnny just likes hanging out at scrap heaps while coming up with new songs.