Anime / Manga - Page 11 - Myth-Weavers

General Discussion

All-purpose section for discussions that donít clearly belong in any of the other categories.

Anime / Manga

If you want nonsensical comedy, watch Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo. I could not stop laughing with this one. I almost forgot about it. It has this air in which it can be really random, but make so many references and allusions to very popular anime and shows and other tropes.

What do you mean can be very random. At one point they had a boss fight where they sold churros, and played on the stock market.

Planetes. Hard science fiction about the exploitation of outer space in the near future. It's hard to describe, but pretty damn awesome. Damn... why haven't I been calling it that all this time? That sounds way more enticing than "It's a show about space garbage collectors." But then again, it's a great test of a person's open mindedness to say that to them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krimson View Post
The first ten minutes of the first episode of Kotoura-san will give you all the feels. And I'm not exaggerating.
After blazing through the first 5 episodes, I can now confirm this to be true. The feels... I felt them.

I can also confirm that Kotoura-san is my new favorite show of the season. Absolutely awesome. You folks should go watch it. And to help facilitate that, here be a for Crunchyroll (first come, first serve) which an be redeemed by going here. Enjoy some anime this weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanaki View Post
Neon Genesis Evangelion ftw!
Ew.

The only reason I'm glad I watched Evangelion is so that I can understand the symphony of psychedelic horrible associated with it any time somebody talks about it.

I even watched the movie. *Shudders*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyfeld View Post
Ew.

The only reason I'm glad I watched Evangelion is so that I can understand the symphony of psychedelic horrible associated with it any time somebody talks about it.

I even watched the movie. *Shudders*
2deep4u bro, 2deep4u

At some point I will finish watching Evangelion. My main issue hasn't been the content so much as I prefer to watch newer shows, that aren't in a 4:3 aspect ratio. Being an aspect ratio snob is what has kept me from watching more Masumune Shirow titles such as Tank Police, Bounty Dog and Real Drive. Though for some reason, it didn't stop me from watching the first two seasons of Aria though it may have helped I read the manga first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexus75 View Post
2deep4u bro, 2deep4u
The creator was literally strung out on drugs when he wrote the latter half of the show. If I have to drop acid to make sense of it, I think I'll pass lol.