What have you been listening to lately? - Page 27 - Myth-Weavers

General Discussion

All-purpose section for discussions that donít clearly belong in any of the other categories.

What have you been listening to lately?

Um, "Pod-safe Christmas Song"? Sure, it's an Alvin&the Chipmunks parody...

Oh! "Merry Christmas from Chiron Beta Prime"!

I'm going through another Tool obsession.

I discovered Bridget St. John tonight. She's a folk singer from the late 1960s and early 1970s. Her sound reminds me of Nico and Joni Mitchell. Good stuff!

Never heard her... Name's familiar... Reminds me of the lead singer from The Seekers. Maybe just because they're the same vintage?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cailano View Post
Dude, Catacombs... we're twins.
I read that as if we were listening to the same musician. But then I see you're (I'm assuming) talking about the avatar. Nice!

For a podcast, I'm starting to get into Good Christian Fun. Nice little podcast about Christian pop culture which is not-too-serious and not-too-mocking.

Music-wise, I'm always listening to the Mountain Goats.

Lately, mostly Blackmore's Night and Bulgarian folk music, depending on my mood.

(Warning, do NOT confuse the latter with "pop-folk" that is produced in Bulgaria, but sounds more like Middle Eastern music.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldjosjos View Post
I'm always listening to the Mountain Goats.
Did you see John Darnielle wrote a book? I haven't read it, but it's on my to-do list. I read the summary and it got me interested in Trace Italian and PbP RPG gameplay.