What have you been listening to lately? - Page 30 - Myth-Weavers


General Discussion

All-purpose section for discussions that donít clearly belong in any of the other categories.


What have you been listening to lately?

   
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhisperMagellan View Post
Ordering Dresden Files audio books--anyone know why a couple of them are outrageously expensive? Like $100-300! Were not enough made? Was it some strange limited run? That's pretty smegging expensive, since most run $15-20
I think this happens with audiobooks quite a bit anymore. Physical CD runs are getting smaller as most audiobooks are going digital.

Older rock music has been my jam recently. Mostly stuff from Poison and Kiss. Must have listened Fallen Angel about 3 times a day on average.

Hmm... I've been listening to quite a few different artists and genres recently, ranging from Backstreet Boys, to Disturbed, to Nana Mizuki.

Recently my current fix has been on Blue Stahli. I'm really fond of Ready Aim Fire!, The Devil, Railgun, Futurism, and ULTRAnumb. If you haven't listened to him before, or if you have listened to him but not those particular songs, I recommend giving them a try!

Lately, a lot of Lindsey Stirling while at work (great inspiration for a character I'm playing). My commute for the last few months has been listening to the Critical Role podcast. Currently on Episode 42.

The new Lily Allen, DMB and Jay-Z/Beyonce albums have dominated my weekend.

Been listening to a lot of Sammy Steele lately. Particularly track 2 on that album; we love belting that out at the Pioneer when he and Chris Heers are playing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwilightKing View Post
Lately, a lot of Lindsey Stirling while at work (great inspiration for a character I'm playing). My commute for the last few months has been listening to the Critical Role podcast. Currently on Episode 42.
Funny: just ran into her work yesterday because the music service put her in with Two Steps from Hell. (The music service is kinda annoying).

Quote:
Originally Posted by leons1701 View Post
I think this happens with audiobooks quite a bit anymore. Physical CD runs are getting smaller as most audiobooks are going digital.
If they sold a digital download of the audio books, I'd be fine with that. But $130 seems rather a lot for something thatr was probably $25 new. Maybe it's a brilliant James Marsters performance? You'd think if it was that popular they'd re-release it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhisperMagellan View Post
Funny: just ran into her work yesterday because the music service put her in with Two Steps from Hell. (The music service is kinda annoying).
Ah nice!! At first I read that as "ran into her at work", and thought, "Wow!!"

Currently listening to Ayumi Hamasaki
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFGQOiV3sD8

Absolutely love this song.







 

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Last Database Backup 2019-07-20 09:00:07am local time
Myth-Weavers Status