Creative Corner

Post your creative works here and show off your talent!

Short Story Accepted

w00t! Congratulations tacet!

That is really great news, Tacet Pressim! I am pleased that you have had this success, and wish you much more of it. I am a frustrated writer myself, and I would welcome any advice that you can offer.

For instance, the thing that stops me almost every time is just getting started. When you have a story that you consider 'finished,' how do you choose where do to submit it for publication?

I'm late to the party, but congratulations!I know how hard the publication process can be on people and have the utmost respect for people who take the time to put themselves through it. All the best and I hope you keep publishing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yrel View Post
For instance, the thing that stops me almost every time is just getting started. When you have a story that you consider 'finished,' how do you choose where do to submit it for publication?
Thanks. I use a tool called The Grinder. It has a database of all the magazines and a search engine for finding the market you're looking for. It also logs all the magazines you've sent your work to.

Some of these magazines give feedback regarding your work but most will just reject you without comment :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacet pressim View Post
Thanks. I use a tool called The Grinder. It has a database of all the magazines and a search engine for finding the market you're looking for. It also logs all the magazines you've sent your work to.
The Grinder is a fantastic submission database. I've yet to have anything accepted, but the vast number of markets to submit to is incredible.

Great job tacet pressim!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacet pressim View Post
I use a tool called The Grinder. It has a database of all the magazines and a search engine for finding the market you're looking for. It also logs all the magazines you've sent your work to.

Some of these magazines give feedback regarding your work but most will just reject you without comment :P
Wow, that's great. I guess it was just a matter of time before someone created something like that. Does it cover every single magazine in publication, though, or only certain ones? Guess my question is probably answered at the link you gave me. I need to get my creative juices flowing again and dust off a couple of my own story ideas.

I just registered at The Grinder. [Fingers crossed.]