Newbie interested in Dming - Myth-Weavers

GM Workshop

A community-created and maintained place for Game Masters of all systems to bounce ideas around. It's a place for inspiration and sharing tips.

Newbie interested in Dming

Newbie interested in Dming

Can anyone create a new game and post a module to be played through by players, or is this restricted in some way?

It would take me a little bit to get prepared and have a good write up, but I'm interested in running a dm module for Pathfinder. Nothing too big, as i know the drop rate of players all too well, but enough to get some DMing under my belt. It seems to me that they are many players but few dm's and I thought I might just contribute, but wasn't sure on the rules on Myth Weavers.

Yes, of course! All you need to do is click the Create Game button on the Games & Ads page and get to making. There are plenty of features on the site, but you don't need much to get going; you can learn as you go. As long as you are sure you can stick it out and not give up (a common issue), you will find players to be pretty understanding. There is a Wiki to help get you started and a GM Workshop forum for any issues you run into that the wiki doesn't have answers for.

If you aren't quite sure what to run yet you can post in the Game Planning forum to get feedback and advice before you go all in.

Good luck and welcome home!

Ok cool. I really appreciate all the helpful info. Yeah I have all sorts of different adventures in my head, had them there for years now, so I feel they’re well developed. I’ve never tried to DM before though and so I was gonna go with a smaller adventure that could turn into a campaign if the party stays posting and interested. I have some prep to do and may post on the planning forum to get some feed back as well. Ty very much for the reply.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue777 View Post
Ok cool. I really appreciate all the helpful info. Yeah I have all sorts of different adventures in my head, had them there for years now, so I feel they’re well developed. I’ve never tried to DM before though and so I was gonna go with a smaller adventure that could turn into a campaign if the party stays posting and interested. I have some prep to do and may post on the planning forum to get some feed back as well. Ty very much for the reply.
*waits for the mods to move this thread*

GMing is not as hard as it looks, to be honest. However, GMing on the Weave has particular challenges compared to normal (although it comes with certain boons). The hard part is keeping people posting - many people suggest having a Discord channel handy for the game, to keep everyone moving. It's far from fool-proof, but it helps.

Thread moved, shush Yama.