Do you have a streak of evil? It's open season in Dominaria! - Myth-Weavers

Do you have a streak of evil? It's open season in Dominaria!

Old Aug 5 '19, 6:31pm
PARTY HARD!

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Do you have a streak of evil? It's open season in Dominaria!

Dominaria: Villainous Uprising - Forum
Dungeons & Dragons 5e

I am seeking one to three players for a villain-focused campaign. These villains may have influence on my future Magic: The Gathering D&D campaigns.

will be a little different as I am seeking villains with a compelling goal/motive. These villains will find some reason to work together for a while. At some point they may choose still stay together as a force, or split apart towards other goals, or be killed by heroes, or kill each other. After I have chosen my players, then I will release guidelines for character stat generation. So, create a new thread and start writing!

Game Description:

New villains emerge from the plane of Dominaria, and nothing will stop their plans.

This is a Dungeons & Dragons 5th Edition game based on the "Plane Shift: Dominaria" outline released by Wizards of the Coast.

Um. It's... going to be pretty hard to create a character without any character-building guidelines whatsoever.

Okay but that doesn't help. Like... at all.

We have no idea what races and classes are allowed or not allowed. That has a gigantic impact on character building. Same deal with level--while it's less of a direct influence, it does impact things like class choice and implied amount of influence in the world. Which is another huge impact on character. Especially for the amount of writing you're asking for, creating (for example) a Fallen Aasimar Undying Warlock for level five-ish and then being told "Sorry, PHB races and classes only and we're starting at level 1" wastes a huge amount of our time.

This isn't even getting into personal distastes in character building. As much as I love both 5E and MtG, I absolutely will not play in any game in which players are permitted to roll for stats. (I am happy to explain why to anyone who cares via PM.) Most other players have some kind of opinions on the types of games they want to play, mechanically speaking; asking us to commit to writing hundreds to possibly thousands of words only to possibly find out that the game isn't a good match for us at all is an extremely large ask.

So again, please provide some sort of character building guidelines to help us establish our characters and decide if this game is for us.

I think what @ulyth intend for you to do is to answer the questions in his link and create a character around that. Statting a character and creating a character are not necessarily the same. You could describe the personality, mannerisms and goals of a scheming noble merfolk, along with some backstory, without assigning stats

At least that's how I interpret it. My apologies if I misrepresent your ideas here, Ulyth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lacrimosa View Post
I think what @ulyth intend for you to do is to answer the questions in his link and create a character around that. Statting a character and creating a character are not necessarily the same. You could describe the personality, mannerisms and goals of a scheming noble merfolk, along with some backstory, without assigning stats

At least that's how I interpret it. My apologies if I misrepresent your ideas here, Ulyth
Yeah, I was going for something like that.

Guidelines have been updated. I'll add more if needed.