Myth-Weavers Comics! - Page 5 - Myth-Weavers

Myth-Weavers Comics!

Old Oct 28 '18, 9:52pm
Elder Dragon

Mentioned: 127 Post(s)
Myth-Weavers Comics!

MythWeavers Comics - Forum
Mutants and Masterminds 3e

WELCOME TO MYTH-WEAVER COMICS, DEAR READER! YOUR SOURCE FOR ADVENTURE, MAYHEM, CRIME-FIGHTING, SUPERHEROICS, AND STORIES WHICH YOU CAN SHAKE A SANDWICH AT!

READ THE WEAVE!

We at Myth-Weaver Comics are trying to begin an original comics universe for the Mutants & Masterminds 3E, and we want you to help us! Be it as Gamemasters, Co-GMs, players, or just readers! What will it be?

You say a shared comics universe and campaign world, but what does that really mean?
It's Earth, generally but in the long-standing tradition of comics, new countries or the like can come to be with player or a GM suggesting its existing and helping us bring it to be by helping write it up.

What do I need to help GM?

A concept for the story you want to tell, the PL you want to run it at, and the 'level' of which you want it to be at. We'll have a GM sign-up thread to facilitate this, and the answer as to 'where' you want your campaign, or adventure, to take place in. After answering this and how long you want to open up your recruiting period, an 'applications' thread will be created for your story arc/'series'.

What do I need to play?

Read the GM Advertisements for series, write up your character, and play if you are chosen!

Can I request to have a solo campaign/series?

Yes, you can request as a player for a GM to GM you and your character, BUT you will only get priority on this if you are also GMing.

What do I get benefit wise from GMing?

Precedence on being accepted into a series/campaign over non-GMs, as a thanks for Gamemastering. This benefit only occurs up until the first time, though, if you already have an active player character you shouldn't very well get another one.

What is the PL of the campaign world?

It depends on the GM's themselves.

Do parties also have input on what their 'comic series' will be called?

Of course!

Game Description:

A superheroic shared campaign world and setting for multiple GMs and games for various Mutants & Masterminds 3E games here on Mythweavers.

Whilst our focus on getting GM, we're still accepting new players. You might have to mind the sawdust as we fix things up though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiffanyKorta View Post
@mackandtack The idea is to create a comic book universe, so a Gotham Central style story wouldn't go amiss, though we'd want to keep to the general themes of players being Heroes and Anti-hero.

See if there are any players interested in such a thing and we'll go from there.
Right. How do you want me to do that? In a completely separate forum, on the 'Game Planning' section, or in ya'lls forum? I could, and would, do it with just two if that's all that's interested. It would let the games go quicker too, depending on how the story plays out.

While I'm no GM, I have a few game ideas that need rescuing, or failing that I have some characters made for solo games. Most of my character and game ideas are based on non-standard PL/PP scales though...

As a complete outsider, who has never played any superhero games and has no idea as to whether I would enjoy one even, is there any sort of, options to be guided through this sort of character creation and how the game would play out? Or a Discord or something?

@Silke 99 -- (Obligatory "I am not a GM here" disclaimer) If you go open up a character creation thread and talk a little about what kind of hero you want to make, generally folks will come out of the woodwork to help you build it. There's a few of us here who are serious rules gurus for this system and, speaking only for myself, love to introduce new people to it. (Seriously it's all the versatility of GURPS with like a tenth as much math.)

And if you have no idea what kind of hero you want to make, then just ramble a little about who you think is cool; anything that gives us a starting point.

Iívr never played M&M, but have always wanted to. The system seems pretty simple to get into, so I donít think there would be much of a learning curve for this.

Anyways, Iím a long time and avid comic book reader. Iím not sure if Iíd feel comfortable attempting to GM something before ever playing it, but that wouldnít be the first time Iíve done that either. My first Pathfinder and Starfinder experiences were as a GM. I do have tons of ideas and inspirations for super hero stories to tell, so maybe I could give GMing a shot.

I guess what Iím trying to say, is I love this shared universe idea, and would like to be a part of it in some capacity, whether as a GM, player, or even just lending story ideas. That is, if youíd have me, of course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silke 99 View Post
As a complete outsider, who has never played any superhero games and has no idea as to whether I would enjoy one even, is there any sort of, options to be guided through this sort of character creation and how the game would play out? Or a Discord or something?

Do you like role playing games? Are you into comics and superheroes? If so you'll probably enjoy playing a comic superhero in a role playing game.

I'm definetly going to apply with a Character, just not sure what PL I'm suppose to be making? It's variable right?
Also we doing 1 character per or more then one per?

Wait... NVM I see.
You make a PL:8/10/12.

Got it.