Void Age: Playtesters Needed - Page 2 - Myth-Weavers

Void Age: Playtesters Needed

Old Nov 13 '18, 7:01pm
Level 4 Archivist

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Void Age: Playtesters Needed

Void Age: Playtest - Forum
13th Age

If you're interested in playing, pick a class, and I'll send you a character creation packet. Classes with asterisks are the ones that need the most testing.

We need between three and six players that can post at least three times during the week. There's a lot of jumping off points here, as you can imagine, so once we have at least three players, we can decide on an exact story.

Game Description:

Humanity has expanded through the solar system, establishing footholds everywhere possible, even in some places that seemed impossible. Polities and self-proclaimed utopias thrive in orbital habitats, on the Moon and Mars, and in the asteroid belt and beyond. Entrepreneurs, space-going mega-corps, the last vestiges of terrestrial and orbital governments, and an abundance of uplifted, parahuman, and post-human cultures, all contend for their piece of the vast resources that deep space holds.

All the while technology keeps spiraling upwards. A wormhole network makes travel from Charon to Mars possible in just a few minutes (queues allowing). Some have eschewed their birth bodies and taken up new biologically crafted bodies; more than a few of those aren't even recognisable as human. Some have grafted on cybernetics, and some reside in completely cybernetic shells with no flesh at all.

Governments have been superseded by the corporations they corrupted themselves to support, and uplifts, AIs, and genetically modified humans are becoming the norm. Millions live outside Earth's orbit now. Mars, Venus, Mercury, the asteroid belt, and the moons of Jupiter all support colonies of those who have fled Earth. Some of these colonies have become increasingly isolationist, stratified and rigid, while others have undergone astonishing cultural, scientific, and artistic flowerings.

On top of all that are the Orison. Though they've just started showing their presence, they've been here much longer than most of humanity realizes. They appeared through wormholes on Titan, on Europa, on Venus, on Earth. The anchors for those wormholes would have had to be built here long ago, before man even attained rudimentary spaceflight. Some hail the Orison as the gods that guided mankind, but the majority see them as a threat, and react with violence. A generation after their arrival, the Solar system is burning.

Void Age takes the Archmage system to the future with all new classes and a few new mechanics. Players roll all the dice, and the Icons - now known as Networks - don't just guide the story, but run the world you live in, and your reputation with them is your currency. Defenses are tweaked to give you separate melee and ranged defenses, and your race choice isn't permanent as it's easy to slide out of one body and into another - provided you can afford it.

Classes
*Adepts eschew technological enhancements, relying only on their training.
Deadeyes are elite marksmen, deadly at a distance, and dangerous in your face.
*Gatekeepers use state-of-the-art wormhole technology to make the battlefield shift in their allies' favor.
Glitches break the rules of physics to be in two places at once, or sometimes more.
*Junkers travel with an animal or mechanical companion but they're just as dangerous as their pet.
Nebulas utilize nanotechnology to cripple enemies and boost allies.
Phages carry a multitude of pathogens that they've become immune to. They use their own health to compromise others'.
Psiblades are melee experts that manifest deadly weapons out of pure psionic energy.
*Vectors are more refined psions that tear reality apart to reshape it to their will.
*Zerkers pour dangerous amounts of power into cybernetic enhancements to make themselves unstoppable juggernauts.

Marble: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1vv...NSZAkVmeleNtwV
Totarion: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1qo...xUvegnbM0SoIRN
Raveled: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1he...XffwqGn30DNeZ1
KreenWarrior: https://drive.google.com/open?id=186...hOKITngLb2Qlp3 The phage needs more testing, so your packet includes that. If you don't like it, I'll send you the Nebula.

The 13th age sheet should be sufficient in general for these characters, HOWEVER... Void Age uses a score for each of ST/DX/CN/WS/IN/CH that ranges from -2 to +5 (and eventually higher). These are normally the modifiers in d20 systems. You'll need to fudge the scores on the sheet to make the modifiers correct.

We're going to start at level 3, and then bump you up a bit at the end of each segment of story. It probably will be a bump of more than one level.

Each packet includes creation rules. If you have trouble with them, please let me know, because it means we weren't as clear as we thought we were being. The things that usually come up are Backgrounds and Reputations.
- Select Reputations with Networks that you think fit your character and that you think will be interesting for the game. There's no right or wrong outside of that.
- Backgrounds are the reasons why your character is good at things. If my character is great at acrobatics, I need a background like 'raised in a circus' or 'former holovid star' to explain it. (Please don't do that last one.)

I'd like to try out an Adept. I'd prefer #2 but #3 would be fine.

I don't have a lot of experience with 13th Age (none, to be honest), but I skimmed the srd. If that's all right with you, I'd like to try Junker. #2 and #3 both sound interesting.

Okay, we're full now, unless someone drops out. (Actually one over, but that will probably be okay.) I'll be sending the newer three packets shortly. Omni, yours will be for the Glitch, since the Vector's already taken.

Looks like we're going with option #3 for story.

We're down a couple players, so we need two active (posting 2 or 3 times a week) people to join!

Available classes are:

Deadeyes are elite marksmen, deadly at a distance, and dangerous in your face.
Nebulas utilize nanotechnology to cripple enemies and boost allies.
Phages carry a multitude of pathogens that they've become immune to. They use their own health to compromise others'.
Psiblades are melee experts that manifest deadly weapons out of pure psionic energy.
Zerkers pour dangerous amounts of power into cybernetic enhancements to make themselves unstoppable juggernauts.

Just tell me what you want to play, and I'll send you the playtest packet.

I'd be interested in either a Nebula, Phage or Zerker depends on the details of options.

I would like to explore the Psiblade or Deadeye! Conveniently that lines up exactly with the previous post haha. But for real those were the two I liked.

We're down a couple players again, and can use one or two new players. Send me a DM if you're interested.