General Discussion

All-purpose section for discussions that don’t clearly belong in any of the other categories.

Kickstarters

I was going to back eventually, so I might as well help with pushing the stretch goals now .

New job pushed me into a Kickstarter frenzy :
founders of gloomhaven
An interesting strategic eurogame with lots of player interaction

The visitor in blackwood grove
Guess the rule

Woot, my Monsterhearts 2 kickstarter has been funded. Thank you all, and thank you Myth Weavers for being such a good friend to me for so many years and introducing me to this system!

Last day for the Reaper Bones Kickstarter : currently close to 160 plastic mini's for 100$ and lots of juicy add ons.

How far will you go for a unique gaming experience?

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...cy/description

Gratuitous Anime Gimmick

So hey.

There are a couple of reasons I'm posting this topic: a. I've tried to play this game on other forums using other mediums. I wasn't able to find enough interest to say that I could host another game after the one I first started. b. There's a Kickstarter for an expansion to the game going on, and I really want to see it funded but in comparison to a lot of other games funding is progressing pretty slowly. You can find it here.

The game is basically a homage to anime of the past couple of decades, where you play as a class based on some anime archetype (e.g. magical girl, mecha pilot) and then get into anime style antics. The game has a very exaggerated system of anime-style combat a la Exalted, but I don't think it's necessarily a comedy-only game! It certainly can be, but uh, the expansion is looking very dark and serious. Also like Exalted. There are also a couple of similar mechanics (you can deal bonus damage by doing cool things, and end combat through words alone), but the rules are actually very different. It's very rules light (not to FATE levels, though) and you're only going to be using 3d10 max.

If you're interested, then by spending 1 dollar on the Kickstarter you can get the game. Right now. Keep in mind that the game costs around $5 on Drive-Thru RPG. This is a PDF only, mind you. Perhaps you could spend the $1 on the Kickstarter, maybe start a game here or with your friends IRL (I'm certainly willing to start a game here if no one else is), and then judge for yourself whether or not to spend the extra money on a print version and/or funding the expansion?

Merged into the dedicated Kickstarter thread