General Discussion

All-purpose section for discussions that donít clearly belong in any of the other categories.

Jumping the Gun/Ruining the mood

"Santa Baby" had a sequel, also sung by Eartha Kitt: "This Year's Santa Baby".
And of course she also sang "Nothin for Christmas"

To be completely fair, I actually kinda like the Eartha Kitt Santa Baby, but now every slightly talented pop tart has to sing it, usually worse than you thought possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leons1701 View Post
To be completely fair, I actually kinda like the Eartha Kitt Santa Baby, but now every slightly talented pop tart has to sing it, usually worse than you thought possible.
Isn't that true of every song?
(I do a horrible Eartha Kitt impression)

I'm largely in agreement with Butchern and Call me Fate. It's only as much of a problem as you're willing to let it be.

That being said, the point about latter year holidays overlapping each other is well taken from my perspective. If it had it my way, a holiday would not be mentioned outside of the month in which it falls. Any individual meaning they have gets greatly diminished when they're all being celebrated/anticipated all about the same time. Let them be their own things.

I've got really good at ignoring music most of the time. For the times I can't, I have a big industrial dishwasher at work that is very loud. I'm not overly fond of Christmas music with the exception of anything by Bing Crosby.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awkward Bullhorn View Post
Nobody remembers "Alice's Restaurant"...
For some reason, my in-laws believe that song to be a Thanksgiving song. Dunno why, but I certainly don't mind.

For all the hate on Xmas music, I still enjoy what the show Bob's Burgers does for Xmas specials - funny without being obnoxious about it. Barely can call it a xmas special when it's just a xmas themed episode LOL

Because the events of the day take place on Thanksgiving - the feast itself in the church w/ the litterin' - not the daft board bit.

Also, many FM rock stations have a 'pay to play' tradition on Thanksgiving Day - Alice's Restaurant gets played every year.