General Discussion

All-purpose section for discussions that donít clearly belong in any of the other categories.


This week in video games...

   
You know, I was super hyped for Resident Evil 6, and I got the Archives version for my 360 (came with the game, one of the animated movies, and downloads for RE4, RE5, RE5 Gold Content, and RE Code Veronica). I started playing through it on Leon's campaign, and...meh.

I'm a few hours into it, and I've gotten to , and I have to say that I'm not all that impressed. I love the RE series of games. I still have my PS2 for the sole purpose of playing RE, RE2, RE3, RECV, and RE4 (although now I don't need the PS2 for RECV and RE4), and I've beaten all of these games multiple times over. I continue to go back and play them over and over and over. Love the game series.

Things for me went downhill with 5, and I wasn't impressed. When I heard they were bringing back Leon and zombies, I had to get this. And I'm not that impressed.

Has anybody else played this game? Anybody have a different view of the game than I do? The graphics are great, and some of the new stuff they added was amazing. But it seems like the different chapters in the game are highly disjointed and there's no continuity in the game. Is it just me? Am I expecting too much?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyfeld View Post
Probably my biggest disappointment is the "knight" just being in regular armor, with a regular sword, when he could have easily been designed to be wearing, like... a mecha suit, patched with scrap metal, and wielding a crowbar.
Yes, that's an ummm, interesting idea. There are no mech suits, or crowbars, but you can wear/wield more than just a suit of armour and sword.
There will be steam/clock powered dwarves, and more classes, by the time of final release, and there are tons of gear options, including
they aren't designed for this btw, it's a slight glitch...
hovering steambikes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaviien View Post
Yes, that's an ummm, interesting idea. There are no mech suits, or crowbars, but you can wear/wield more than just a suit of armour and sword.
There will be steam/clock powered dwarves, and more classes, by the time of final release, and there are tons of gear options, including
they aren't designed for this btw, it's a slight glitch...
hovering steambikes...
lol well it was just something I came up with off the top of my head, but the point was that the classes need to feel more steampunk and less fantasy. Like the mage should be a technomage instead of just a regular spellcaster. Things like that.

Been playing FFXI. Decided to get back into the game so I could complete the storyline missions. It just wouldn't feel right having a Final Fantasy game I haven't beat. Although it is kind of hard to define how one "beats" an MMO.

Games I'm looking forward to include Metro 2034 (sequel to Metro 2033, the best FPS ever), Bravery Default (Said to be the spiritual successor to Final Fantasy), and the new slew of Monster Hunter games for the DS.

Also hoping Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn turns out better now that it has been through a complete overhaul.

Oh! And I'm looking forward to the Dark Souls expansion. Still need to get that.

I have a feeling my backlog is going to keep getting bigger and bigger at this rate.

Darksouls. I have over 100 hours on that game and I still have yet to get my third Sif soul to finish the achievements. Only one I am missing on Demonsouls is final marrowstone sword.

What the future of PC Gaming looks like.

So, saw that on PC Gamer today. I gotta admit, it looks amazing. I'm wondering if it's possible to run that at a playable framerate with a reasonably beefy system. If it is, I'll be thinking about deals on Cyber Monday, as I've not upgraded this machine in about three years anyway.

Also, coming up soon: Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition!

My copy of Zero Escape came in yesterday, about three days early, so I'm kinda dead to the world at the moment lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powderhorn View Post
What the future of PC Gaming looks like.

So, saw that on PC Gamer today. I gotta admit, it looks amazing. I'm wondering if it's possible to run that at a playable framerate with a reasonably beefy system. If it is, I'll be thinking about deals on Cyber Monday, as I've not upgraded this machine in about three years anyway.

Also, coming up soon: Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition!
*Whistles* Freaking gorgeous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyfeld View Post
My copy of Zero Escape came in yesterday, about three days early, so I'm kinda dead to the world at the moment lol.



*Whistles* Freaking gorgeous.
By far my favorite mods for the game are realistic lighting and darkness at night with improved night skies.

It can be downright mind blowing.

Anybody who likes graphic novels and puzzle games (if you don't like one or the other, you might be disappointed, because the game has a lot of both), I'm giving my Stamp of Approval on Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward.

I know I've mentioned it a couple times already, but I've just spent all day playing this thing, and I'm hooked. Just make sure you research game bugs, as there are a couple that can FUBAR your save file if you're not careful.




 

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Last Database Backup 2017-12-16 09:00:06am local time
Myth-Weavers Status