General Discussion

All-purpose section for discussions that donít clearly belong in any of the other categories.

Netflix's Marvel Content

Netflix's Marvel Content

Couple quick teaser type trailers released at San Diego Comicon.. Not much, but the Netflix Marvel Universe has, thus far, been very good, so I'm looking forward to what's next:

Defenders

Iron Fist

Luke Cage

I'm actually very curious about how they are going to introduce drama in 'Luke Cage'. The guy is all but invulnerable, at least on the outside, so who or what are they going to do to challenge or threaten him?

Threaten what he cares about. If invulnerability is his only superpower, it's not terribly difficult to create drama.

That said, I am not familiar with Luke Cage.

Well, as we saw in Jessica Jones, he's not nearly as invulnerable as his comic book counterpart. Just functionally so, for the purposes of street level. His exterior can shrug off bullets effortlessly, but his insides seem to be every bit as squishy as a normal person's.

Yeah, but both of those really limit the options of any credible adversaries. I mean, surely constant attempts at poisoning him, or badguys going after his love ones is going to become real old, real fast in terms of plotlines in the show.

Luke and Danny have a laundry list of crappy villains, but the Jessica Jones and Daredevil shows have been very good about taking marginal characters and turning them into compelling and threatening villains. It will be interesting to see where they go with the new series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secret Agent Cow View Post
Yeah, but both of those really limit the options of any credible adversaries. I mean, surely constant attempts at poisoning him, or badguys going after his love ones is going to become real old, real fast in terms of plotlines in the show.
I dunno, Superman has milked it for countless TV shows and movies.

Yeah, and that gets real old, real fast. I have never really been a fan of Superman precisely because he is esentially god when it comes to 99% of the villains around. These series tend to be 13 episodes long. Would you really be satisfied if the plot to each is Luke's nearest and dearest getting threatened or captured, and Luke goes and wrecks their shit over and over?