General Discussion

All-purpose section for discussions that don’t clearly belong in any of the other categories.

Netflix's Marvel Content

In Jessica Jones's case, they didn't even need a villain who threatened her body just her mind and spirit. Kilgrave was no physical match for her at all and he managed to destroy everything because everything else around her (save for Luke) was very, very fragile. They didn't need to put Jessica and Kilgrave in physical conflict with each other to create tension. I don't think I ever felt she was in real physical danger during the show, not like I did with Daredevil. The danger to her was psychological.

This Netflix series needs more Moon Knight. Moon Knight is THE guy to give us a proper rated 'R' Marvel show considering my first experience with him was him wearing some other guy's face that he'd apparently just torn off to use as a mask.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GM Saint View Post
This Netflix series needs more Moon Knight. Moon Knight is THE guy to give us a proper rated 'R' Marvel show considering my first experience with him was him wearing some other guy's face that he'd apparently just torn off to use as a mask.
I'd go for that. Have they even introduced him through?

I just hope these series are more like DareDevil & Stranger Things, and a lot less like Jessica Jones & House of Cards (US).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witchslasher View Post
Sweet Christmas! Luke Cage is out today!
I am torn between watching them all at once, or attempting to watch one a day or so.

Well I just watched the first episode of "Luke Cage" and, without spoilers...it was kind of lacklustre. He's just sort of...there. It's hard to put a finger on what it was, but compared to the first episodes of "Daredevil" and "Jessica Jones" this wasn't very exciting, or at least the bits involving Luke weren't. He just sort of hangs around while The Plot happens to other people. Hopefully things start picking up in the next episode.

It's definitely a slow start. I generally enjoyed episode one, but much slower than how Jessica Jones and Daredevil started. Though the ending of episode one of Jessica Jones may be impossible to top.

One really bright spot, the music in Luke Cage was awesome.

So, I liked the first season of Jessica Jones, but I tried watching Daredevil and I got a bit tired of it after 3 episodes. I didn't really have any sort of connection to the characters. I thought what they did with the Kingpin was cool and all, but I feel like I'm supposed to emotionally connect with the protagonist by this point in the show, and I just didn't.

On the other side of the coin, the DC shows are killing it, IMO. Which is odd, because I always liked Marvel more then DC.

Funny: I enjoyed DareDevil from the get-go, but found JJ impossible to watch, for precisely the same reason--the characters.