General Discussion

All-purpose section for discussions that don’t clearly belong in any of the other categories.

Netflix's Marvel Content

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raistlinmc View Post
Sacrilege! Fisk was awesome
Second season Fisk was awesome. First season Fisk had a little too much of Private Pyle in him.

Hmmm...fair enough. I may not fully agree, but I do love a good allusion. haha

I enjoyed about the first half of the season. As others have pointed out, great music, save the actual Rap. Just not my cup o' tea, but the Jazz and Old School R&B was fantastic.

The social commentary was well done and even-handed.

I liked the cast, thought almost all the characters were well done and well rounded. I thought that the plot was mostly solid.

And I have to say that I was really digging how the show captured the feel, the energy, and the rhythm of those old "Blacksploitation" films such as Shaft, Cleopatra Jones, and Superfly; while not falling into being hammy and heavy-handed.

I did feel like some of the choreography and Luke's strength effects were uneven (IE, sometimes good, other times kinda hokey).

Like I said, I thought the first half of the season was great.

Just finished the entire season, and I am inclined to agree with Jaeger when it comes to the big bad.

Additionally, I have to say, despite her talents at detection, Misty Knight is not a very good cop.

It was refreshing seeing a hero being more heroic than anti-heroic.

I'm going to wait until I've finished Arrow3 and Flash2 before trying out Luke Cage. Netflix' production values are all over the place, and not always in a good way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azar View Post
It was refreshing seeing a hero being more heroic than anti-heroic.
Agreed. I liked Mike Colter's portrayal of Luke Cage in Jessica Jones and I like him even more after his first season of Luke Cage.

I am ready for the Punisher's series. I have been a fan since I was far to young to have been allowed to play the 1993 game.
Been waiting for almost twenty years for this haha.