General Discussion

All-purpose section for discussions that donít clearly belong in any of the other categories.

2017 MW Fantasy Football

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarecrow71 View Post
No PPR. I hate PPR. I dislike having WRs who score TDs get outscored by guys who get targeted a bajillion times. TDs should always - ALWAYS - trump simply catching the ball.
Heh. I know that is a polarizing issue. PPR has been growing on me as of late. We play 1/2 point PPR systems now. Helps make it so a guy who makes 10 catches for 100+ doesn't get outscored by the TE with a two catches for 30 yards and a TD.

But we'll keep it Standard Scoring.

I like half PPR better than full. But I'd prefer 4 or less points for TD. Even after having Jerome Bettis get 2 yards and two TDS and outscore feature back w 100 yards on my team for the win many years ago.

But I'm good w Standard, or whatever

So we've got some interest here. If I were to set up a league on Yahoo, would we have enough interest to do this? I'm thinking 10 teams, top 6 make the playoffs, standard scoring. Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 DEF, 1 K, and have 6 bench positions.

Should we do this? Or am I delusional?

I'm in. I'd prefer ESPN but will do Yahoo. And I like your outline above.

I wish I could get as good of Chat in my other Leagues as happens on MW. And helps to have an actual Team in the Thread chatting about FF in general.

I'd be willing to be free wins. :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarecrow71 View Post
So we've got some interest here. If I were to set up a league on Yahoo, would we have enough interest to do this? I'm thinking 10 teams, top 6 make the playoffs, standard scoring. Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 DEF, 1 K, and have 6 bench positions.

Should we do this? Or am I delusional?
Sounds like a winner to me.

I wish I could get any chat in other leagues. Even ones set up with friends get a bit of action around the start of the season and then, nothing. A bit of talk about the league when we actually meet face to face, but not even much of that. The great thing about MW is that even people who aren't in the league for whatever reason (too busy, too many other leagues, whatever) drop by and chat.

Indeed. And it doesn't even take a "That Trade that went through is terrible, C'mon everyone join me in a Veto Vote!" to get people to reply to something here.

So that's 5 (myself, Cleric, Leons, Jewdebega, Grey). If we can get 5 more, we're in bizniz!

I'm In