What Does My Avatar Say About Me? - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

Non Sequitur

A place for light-hearted forum games and other threads that don't promote discussion.

What Does My Avatar Say About Me?

What Does My Avatar Say About Me?

Let's call this a new forum game: What does the person above you's avatar say about them? What is the first impression you get of someone from their avatar? For example, none of my buddies bothered making avatars, which shows they either don't know how to do so, or only bother to use this website to host their character sheets.

I'm rather curious what kind of impressions a person's avatar can give.

My avatar is Safeword the hacker from Agents of Mayhem and my username is "Cyber_Goddess". I don't know what other kind of impression you could get outside of "she plays way too much Saints Row"

Hopefully mine says "Some dweeb imported the old 1st edition Monster manual image of a White Dragon into Maya and built a 3d version."
I even rigged and animated it.

Mordae? Sounds like something a whacked-out emo kid would make up to make himself sound cool. Probably with some sort of soft artsy grayscale portrait.

The avatar of Tetsubo_2017 tells me, at a glance and without searching for the image, "this person is either a Charlie Chaplin fan, or we probably don't like the same kind of movies, or might be feeling depressed". Not really useful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantasyPen View Post
Let's call this a new forum game: What does the person above you's avatar say about them?
Pretty much nothing, other than said user's taste in media. And sometimes not even that much.
And that actually doesn't correlate well with personal traits, I've found.

Let's turn it the other way around: What do you think my avatar says about me?

(Trying to look at it, I found three possible erroneous readings, and two that were correct. I'm now curious).

Quote:
For example, none of my buddies bothered making avatars, which shows they either don't know how to do so, or only bother to use this website to host their character sheets.
I think I've been playing for months on MW before I bothered putting an avatar. And then searching for one too me all of 10 minutes or less. I think I only have one or two sheets on MW, all for games I've joined (or applied to, if the sheet was mandatory).
Let's just say some of us prize visual representation way less than others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsenRG View Post
The avatar of Tetsubo_2017 tells me, at a glance and without searching for the image, "this person is either a Charlie Chaplin fan, or we probably don't like the same kind of movies, or might be feeling depressed". Not really useful.
Even though I findd Charlie Chaplin a Genius of comedy film, My pic is that of another genius usually seen on the verge of insanity: Salvador Dali

this s one of his many pieces of Avant-gard art work of his his time:

persistence of memory, created 1931

The Burning Giraffe, created 1937

And swans reflecting elephants, created 1937.

Just so you know.