Rules For Grappling Hook For An Arm - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

Gaming Discussion

For all things gaming related.

Rules For Grappling Hook For An Arm

Rules For Grappling Hook For An Arm

I'm making a fighter that inspired a Boss Monster card game. The character that I'm planning to make is Hookshot Joe, a male human fighter who lost his left hand during a battle. Now he got a grappling hook permanently fused his arm. Now what I'm asking is there any rules for using a grappling hook for an arm?

Pathfinder? Hmm. What all do you want to be able to do with it? The simplest solution is to have an integrated crossbow in the arm as a prosthetic. But I bet you want more than that.

Pathfinder or 3.5, you just end up with the Hook Hand weapon, meaning you're down a hand.

Aside from that, nope. No official rulings.

In PF, Golarion at least:

-the easiest way, use the surgery rules to replace your hand with a steadfast grapple. This magic item and surgery rules are technically only found in Skulls and Shackles AP...so your milleage may vary with your GM.

-Around Numeneria in Golarion or some other alien planets, you can get a cybertech arm with implanted weaponry + grappling hook, you would need the Hook fighter feat to have the grappling hook counts as a weapon. This one is more expensive than the first solution above but it is totally legit in Golarion at least (of course you might run into the problem that your GM doesn't like sci-fi technology).

Yeah people of the wastes = Numeneria, it's the sci-fi area of Golarion, also where Iron Gods the AP is taking place.

Actually it's more about Alkenstar and the Mana Wastes than anything. Especially the Mana Wastes. I can't remember off hand if it does touch upon Numeneria, but it might. I'd have to look at my PDF when I get a chance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penchant View Post
Pathfinder? Hmm. What all do you want to be able to do with it? The simplest solution is to have an integrated crossbow in the arm as a prosthetic. But I bet you want more than that.
I don't want an integrated crossbow in the arm as a prosthetic. Just a grappling hook arm. I could use the grappling hook arm for battle.