Quick questions and answers - Page 1316 - Myth-Weavers

Notices

Gaming Discussion

For all things gaming related.

Quick questions and answers

3.5 D&D

9th lvl Favored Soul. Already has Energy Resistance: Fire/10. Casts Resist Energy (Fire) on herself. Is the ER: Fire now 20 or 30?

Multiple sources of energy resistance do not stack unless they specify otherwise.

3.5 D&D

I seem to remember a feat or class feature that allows characters to take a 10' step instead of a 5' one. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

For Reasons, the character won't be able to use magic items.

Pathfinder: Are morale bonuses considered emotion effects? Can you get morale bonuses if you are immune to emotional effects?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalar View Post
3.5 D&D

I seem to remember a feat or class feature that allows characters to take a 10' step instead of a 5' one. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

For Reasons, the character won't be able to use magic items.
There is a magic item in A&EG that could help, but unfortunately that is off the table for this guy. There are some options in ToB that let you take extra 5' steps, but nothing springs to mind to let you just take a simple 10' step.

In Oriental Adventures (pg. 58) it indicates if you make a DC 40 tumble check you can use "Extreme Tumbling" to move 10' as a 5' step. So not feasible until you are really high level.

Pathfinder:
In Player's Handbook II for 3.5 D&D, there's an option for druids that replaces their wild shape with a shapeshift option, essentially giving them a sort-of alternate form ability available from 1st level.
In Pathfinder, is there any class feature, available at low level, that lets a character assume an alternate form in the same way? For if someone wants to masquerade as an innocuous horse for a while?
(To be precise, the criteria are; transform into an animal shape, hold that shape indefinitely, and (optionally) available at 4th level or below, if that's possible.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by leons1701 View Post
Pathfinder: Are morale bonuses considered emotion effects? Can you get morale bonuses if you are immune to emotional effects?
Hmm...well, seeing as Calm Emotions suppresses morale bonuses while it's in effect, I'd say so.
Is it 'immune to emotional effects' in a paladin-esque completely fearless way, or is it more of a lack of emotion thing? If it's a case of an acquired class feature, beneficial spell or magic item, I'd say that that someone immune to emotional effects can still gain morale bonuses, while if it's a racial lack of emotion, a hostile spell or a cursed magic item or something specifically replicating Calm Emotions, I'd say they can't get morale bonuses.

In 5e, if a wizard uses the Catapult spell to fling a pot of oil into the enemy, would that enemy be then covered by the oil and take additional fire damage when they get lit on fire? (This is in addition to the 3d8 bludgeoning the catapult spell does)

When it comes to GMing, has anyone ever seen/dealt with plagiarized rpcs? (Would love to hear potential solutions/ideas or courses of action.)