Open Enrollment - Phoenix Academy (PBTA Masks) - Myth-Weavers

Open Enrollment - Phoenix Academy (PBTA Masks)

Old Jul 20 '19, 10:45am
Elder Dragon

Mentioned: 73 Post(s)
Open Enrollment - Phoenix Academy (PBTA Masks)

Phoenix Academy: PBTA Masks - Forum
Miscellaneous

So you want to be a superhero huh? Save Halcyon City? Maybe even the world? Some would tell you to get in line or wait till your older, but we don't want to see your potential wasted. Enroll now at The Phoenix Academy for amazing opportunities to learn from some of the greatest superheroes of all time. Why study math when you could be studying super villain butt kicking?

Okay, you'll have to study math too, but training your mind, body, and powers are all essential components of our curriculum. So what ya waiting for? Hurry up and register before the next time bending alien overlord begins invading the city.

The Basics
System: Powered by the Apocalypse (PBTA)
Setting: Masks A New Generation (Unbound)
Free materials can be found on the publishers website:
https://www.magpiegames.com/masks/ma...aybooks-moves/
Themes: Superheroes; Coming of Age; Teen Angst
Number of Players: 3-5 (New Players Welcome!)
Application Deadline: August 10, 2019

The Rule of Cool: This game is NOT FOR RULES LAWYERS. As with the setting, if you want to do something that’ll add to the game, I will most likely support it. On the other hand, I don’t want things to get too crazy or gonzo. I’ll allow rules to bend, but don’t try to break the system. Try to make interesting, multidimensional characters. And be ready to help me world build and tell a collaborative story.

Post Expectations:Aim for 3-4 posts a week (roughly 1 post every 48 hours). Holidays and weekends will be flexible. Every post doesn’t need to be a novel, but should be more then just mechanics. Post should include what your character does, says, or feels with good succinct descriptions.

Communication: If you are unable to post, life happens, then please communicate it so we can keep things moving. If I don’t hear from you in 72 hours, I will take control of your character (or give it to another player). If there is no communication for more than a week then I will remove you from the game.

To help supplement communication we will also be using Discord (text chat only) once the game is up and running (mainly for OOC and questions). Game play will still be handled on MW. [/setfield]

Technical Information
Character Creation Basics: Please review the the character creation guidelines here before submitting an application. Explore all of the forum threads as well. I don’t expect you read and memorize everything that’s there, but it’s all designed to help in character creation.

Source Materials: All playbooks are available (we may have to tweak some to fit the setting as we go)

Please limit your submissions to 1 application/character.

How to Apply?
Review the guidelines and when you are ready, create a new thread in the applications folder to apply.

When you are done with your application or if you have questions, please post them in this linked thread.

House rules and setting info are in the library. Please take a quick second to review them as well.

Once you have a concept mostly fleshed out, you can also begin roleplaying and test driving your character here.

Game Description:

Synopsis: This game will take place at The Phoenix Academy, an elite boarding school for superheroes that is located on an island in the bay of Halcyon City. We will explore the difficulties of navigating high school mixed with trying to learn to be a superhero.

Last edited by Kbot; Jul 20 '19 at 10:48am..
*Puts on hat and supersuit* Masks?! I might actually be applying it way too many games but you good sir have my attention and time

Lots of great applications trickling in. Looks like we will have a fun game. Still, there's plenty of time to apply if anyone else is interested.

Hi there! Seems that I may have joined this sure just in time to see this game. That is, if you'll have me. This would be my first PbtA game, just fyi.