Ghosts of Saltmarsh - Myth-Weavers

Ghosts of Saltmarsh

Old Jul 20 '19, 7:10pm
The Die is GOOD!

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Ghosts of Saltmarsh

Welcome to Saltmarsh - Forum
Dungeons & Dragons 5e

"What to say about Saltmarsh? It is a city experiencing change. Whether that is a good thing depends upon whom you ask. Some champion the king's attention, others resist against it. Regardless, events are in motion here. You either navigate these changing tides, or get swept away by them. But be warned, these are dangerous waters. Some of these dangers are obvious. However most remain unseen..
-Bren Hathmoor

Game Description:

Description: This game is the module Ghosts of Saltmarsh set in the setting of Greyhawk using D&D 5E rules.

Posting Rate: Three times per week.

Characters: I am looking for a group of 4-6 motivated adventurers. The characters will start off early in their adventuring career, just arriving in the town of Saltmarsh.

End of Recruitment: August 3rd

Character Creation: CharGen rules can be found here.
-PHB Races and Sub-Races only.
-PHB+1 for Char Gen
-XGE, SCAG, Volo's, Princes, Hoard, Rise, Abyss, Storm King's, Portal, Tomb, Strahd, and Ghosts are Allowed.
-Ravnica, Eberron, Third Party/Homebrew are Not allowed.
-Some Races can be unlocked during gameplay.
-Dragonborn, Half-Orcs, Tieflings are regarded with suspicion and fear.

When you say 'early' in adventuring career, do you have a level in mind for that? Any limits on sources and such? Preferences regarding characters, kinds of background, etc?

Quote:
Ghosts of Saltmarsh
What? This is one I don't know Jaeger. I'd love to create something and get to exploring. : )

Will get something up for your review.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverReynard View Post
When you say 'early' in adventuring career, do you have a level in mind for that? Any limits on sources and such? Preferences regarding characters, kinds of background, etc?
Characters will start at first level.

PHB races and sub-races only at start. Mad Mage and Dungeon Heist are not allowed, along with Ravnica, Eberron, and any third party or homebrew.

As far as characters, I want players who are motivated. You are adventurers, you should not need to be constantly asking "Why would I want to do that?" I will provide hooks, but the players are the ones who need to follow the leads.

I'm interested. I'm thinking one of the races that aren't trusted much. It's a little stereotypical, but I'd like to play a half-orc barbarian if you'll allow it.

I'm absolutely interested. I have a piratey sorcerer I've been itching to take for a spin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by optimumsquare View Post
I'm interested. I'm thinking one of the races that aren't trusted much. It's a little stereotypical, but I'd like to play a half-orc barbarian if you'll allow it.
I will allow it. Just keep in mind the RP difficulties, and opportunities.

I'd be interested in playing, would you allow multiclass? I'm wanting to make a character like Will Treaty from Rangers Apprentice. The end goal is to make him a 12 Mastermind rogue/8 gloomstalker ranger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jawlord12 View Post
I'd be interested in playing, would you allow multiclass? I'm wanting to make a character like Will Treaty from Rangers Apprentice. The end goal is to make him a 12 Mastermind rogue/8 gloomstalker ranger.
No idea who Will Treaty is.

Multi-Classing is fine, but all requirements and restrictions apply.