I Sense a Great Disturbance in the Force. - Page 5 - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

General Discussion

All-purpose section for discussions that don’t clearly belong in any of the other categories.

I Sense a Great Disturbance in the Force.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Ben View Post
EU is important to a small percentage of people. Most know about the movies and that's it. They would lose nothing at all by ditching EU stuff, anyone hardcore enough to know EU is going to watch it even if it abandons the EU storyline and everyone else won't even know enough to care.
Very true. They completely ignored the Mandalorian timeline for the new cartoon. No one cared but those who read the books.

Also, EU=Expanded Universe. Books and comic books mostly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalara Shadowmist View Post
Don't be knocking the possibility for a new cast playing the known trio. Star Trek aced that with such flying colors, even hardcore Original Trek fans were drooling over how amazing the movie was and how well the actors portrayed their counterparts.
Why? Just set it 20-40 years in the future and bring back the same actors.

So I just realized in 2015 Mark Hamill will be the same age Sir Alec Guinness was when the original movie came out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormcracker View Post
Very true. They completely ignored the Mandalorian timeline for the new cartoon. No one cared but those who read the books.
I was immensely pleased that they did, despite having read the books. Karen Traviss ruined all things Mandalorian in the EU.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krimson View Post
It will be new, fun, and I'll get to see the Fandom Menace once again shaking their fists with one hand while simultaneously handing over the contents of their wallets with the other.
You mock, but every one of us does something hypocritical such as the above, at least once in our life. Knowing how imperfect we all our, its likely we do it quite a lot.

Besides, we all know, most of the complaining comes from the immature and or those who just love to rant for no good reason. They are, oddly, a plague consisting of the minority. Lovely how the few ruin everyone for the rest isn't it? Most any mature adult, however, will point out mistakes, but still gladly enjoy something - such as Star Wars. Its Human nature. Mocking it is pointless.

For example - I could rip the movie "Underworld" a new one so easily its not even funny. However, I choose to enjoy it for what good it has it in. I actually am a fan of the movies. Yes, I am fully aware how bad they are, but I still choose to watch them and think on them. Star Wars is the exact same thing (just happens to be mostly good - as far as the first three movies are concerned anyway). As has already been pointed out, much of Star Wars is trash. Yet its trash that has earned Lucas billions.

In a round about way, my point is that there will always be something we all choose to like (maybe even adore) that is actually really bad in some way or every way. I know its easy to get on the mocking bandwagon, but as I said above, its pointless. I've been on the bandwagon a lot myself... I know how pointless it is. That is why I don't post much on the forums. Its too easy to get caught up in such behavior.

I see no way things can get worse for Star Wars so this can only be positive.

They can never take the original trilogy away from us and there's been plenty since that has made me want to scrub my eyes with barbed wire. Worst case scenario there's a load more crap I choose to not watch.

It's not like Lucas was ever going to do anything good with SW ever again.

Just remember, it might be good!

And even though it *won't* be good. It couldn't possibly get worse.

Doesn't matter to me in the slightest. Episode 1 was the last anything produced by Lucas I'll ever watch. Which, apparently, was a great decision on my part- I don't know anything about the new Indiana Jones movie except the title and that it was almost unanimously reviled. And that includes remakes of old products.

In other news: HOLY S---!!! Lucas actually LISTENED TO THE FANS! He was told to stop ruining star wars. So he gave it to someone else to ruin.

Why do people think Disney will ruin Star Wars? A lot of people think the best movie of the year was a Disney movie. The best animated movies on the planet are Disney. yes, they have soem bad ones, but that also have some great ones. It mainly depends which studio will produce it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vox Clamantis View Post
I was immensely pleased that they did, despite having read the books. Karen Traviss ruined all things Mandalorian in the EU.
I was not a huge fan of Traviss, but Mando pacifists? To me that is just idiotic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormcracker View Post
I was not a huge fan of Traviss, but Mando pacifists? To me that is just idiotic.
I read the Traviss books AND I like the Clone Wars Mandalorians. For a bunch of pacifists those guys are still scary. And guards who are trained in resisting Jedi mind tricks? How awesome is that? I certainly preferred a very high tech Mandalore to Traviss' Outback.