Wanted - Vampire: the Requiem 2ed, or Urban Shadows

Could we manage a requiem game as a collaborative effort? One setting with several 'pairs' storyguiding for each other, maybe plus a "social/elysium thread" for all to mingle?

Well I wouldn't like to be a GM in that because I'm wayyy too green, but I wouldn't oppose as a player.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuzco View Post
Well I wouldn't like to be a GM in that because I'm wayyy too green, but I wouldn't oppose as a player.
It wouldn't be either GM or player. It would be GM for someone AND be someone's player. The setting would be build by everyone together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gris View Post
Could we manage a requiem game as a collaborative effort? One setting with several 'pairs' storyguiding for each other, maybe plus a "social/elysium thread" for all to mingle?
You know, I really like this idea. I'm currently trying to expand my horizons beyond D&D/PF, and well, a collaborative effort sounds like the best way of learning a new system. The question now is: would anyone actually be willing to babysit someone like me, who has never played this system before? I do like to consider myself a fast learner, but still...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomas Elliot View Post
You know, I really like this idea. I'm currently trying to expand my horizons beyond D&D/PF, and well, a collaborative effort sounds like the best way of learning a new system. The question now is: would anyone actually be willing to babysit someone like me, who has never played this system before? I do like to consider myself a fast learner, but still...
Well, I don't mind what you call babysitting you. Any city you'd prefer?

Suggestions:
a) Paris: vampires are ancient and Paris has this feeling of history...
b) Detroit: World of Darkness feel in the rust belt
c) Heidelberg: a student university town, allied hq, castle - plenty of flair
d) New York: Old new world - combine history and modernity without ever leaving the U.S.
e) some other place with a population >500.000 that people have a geographical imagination of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gris View Post
Well, I don't mind what you call babysitting you. Any city you'd prefer?

Suggestions:
a) Paris: vampires are ancient and Paris has this feeling of history...
b) Detroit: World of Darkness feel in the rust belt
c) Heidelberg: a student university town, allied hq, castle - plenty of flair
d) New York: Old new world - combine history and modernity without ever leaving the U.S.
e) some other place with a population >500.000 that people have a geographical imagination of
Lately, I've been into a 2D fighting videogame called Under Night In-Birth. I won't bore you to tears with the whole premise, but suffices to say, what I love about the game is the fact that the characters are duking it out in the dead of night (3 or 4 AM), when nobody is around bar themselves, and... Well, it's difficult to explain, but the city around them is so varied, it is really fascinating. Like, the city where the game is set has a HUGE variety of environments, as you can (kinda sorta) see here. And well, I dunno why, but the idea of characters exploring, living their lives and, yes, duking it out in the middle os such environments, late at night, when nobody else is around, is something that really really appeals to me. Maybe it's because, when it's so late in the night and nobody else is around, you can notice things about your city you usually wouldn't notice during the day.

So yeah, to answer your question: I'd love for this game to be set in a huge city which has a large variety of environments. An european metropolis, like Paris or London, seems paticularly indicated for this, because cities that have been around for centuries of course tend to have a wider array of environments within them, ranging from medieval areas to Industrial Revolution ones. Alternatively, New York also works, simply on the account of how large, how diverse, and how famous it is. I am tempted to say Tokyo as well, out of my tendency to be a huge fanboy of all things Japan, but frankly, I doubt people would be down with it.
But as an european guy, I'd feel more at home in an european city, if I have to be perfectly honest (and kinda biased)

European myself. And Metropolis makes sense. And I know too little about Japan to pull it off.
I favor Paris over London, on the grounds that Paris is a more emotional setting, that there is a stark contrast in architecture, a banlieue (suburban zone of immigrant misery and horror), and that it is both more and less democratic (historically) than London - which is more like a vampire game.

So how do we progress? Set up an add to see how many people would join this?

I think an ad would produce way more interest than slots so you might want to develop exactly what you are shooting for 1st.

Aww... I'm interested but I wish it could be an American city. Like many Americans I feel like I don't know much about the broader world.

The idea is simple: We build a setting together.
Then we pair up and storyguide for each other using that setting.