I need a bit of help with this Monk.... - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

Gaming Discussion

For all things gaming related.

I need a bit of help with this Monk....

I need a bit of help with this Monk....

So I'm building a Monk, 17th level, with the Winged Template (LA bought off. I was originally 18th level), and Wood Elf base race. The DM has allowed Full BAB for Monks, as well as Flurry as a Standard Action on a charge. So here's my question: I have ~100k gp left, and I'm not sure where to spend it. I really need to up my Fort Save, and I could use a boost to AC and Attack. So just check it out, and see what you think.

Here's the sheet.

Is there anyway you can add Monk's Belt onto your belt? You'll function as a 21st level monk then. And it's damage increase stacks with Superior unarmed strike (So you'll do damage as a 26th level monk).

Or you could get a +4 Tome of Health for the HP and saves. Or Wis for the AC and stuff.

Could bump up the clock of resistance to +5.

What I would do- Drop the cloak of elvenkind elvenkind to a cloak of displacement, keep the resistance bonus. At higher levels, miss chance is usaully better than an AC. 20% miss chance is good, but the 50% is better, if a lot more expensive.

I'm not sure where the +4 transmuting is coming from on your fists, but an amulet of natural attacks (Savage species) might be worth looking into if you don't already have that angle covered. Add the valorous enchantment for double damage on a charge (I think you can do that, double check the rules first, it's been a while since I've looked that one up, I might be wrong).

Find some way to make your unarmed strike piercing damage (there's a feat PHB2, I think, can't think of any items off the top of my head). Creatures that fly can make diving charges, which deal double damage on a charge if they descend as part of the charge and attack with a piercing weapon at the end of it (another thing to run by your DM first, if memory serves the winged template doesn't specificly state it, although it is in the description of flying movement in the SRD).

A ring of freedom of movement might also be worth considdering.

Enchant your fists, a monk can do so just like a weapon. Added to this an Amulet of Mighty Fists +5

Akimiller means the Feat: Versatile Unarmed Strike from PHBII. This can be good but at these levels you want to boost your damage output, DR only takes a fraction of the damage off.

Go with the Cloak of Displacement. 50% concealment is awesome for defense. Plus a Ring of Blinking

My question is: Are you trying to make the Monk a melee monster?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluffles View Post
Is there anyway you can add Monk's Belt onto your belt? You'll function as a 21st level monk then. And it's damage increase stacks with Superior unarmed strike (So you'll do damage as a 26th level monk).

Or you could get a +4 Tome of Health for the HP and saves. Or Wis for the AC and stuff.
A Monk's unarmed damage does not increase past 20th...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Contranym View Post
Akimiller means the Feat: Versatile Unarmed Strike from PHBII. This can be good but at these levels you want to boost your damage output, DR only takes a fraction of the damage off.
I meant piercing for the double damage on a diving charge, since he has the winged template.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedronai View Post
A Monk's unarmed damage does not increase past 20th...
Seriously? Lame. >.<