Dagger-whip - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

Gaming Discussion

For all things gaming related.

Dagger-whip

Dagger-whip

No Lasher. Base class is going to be a bard with snowflake wardance. Optimization go!

I've never been so reliant on a melee weapon before, so any suggestions would be helpful.

When posting these kinds of threads, I find it tends to help to put at least a bit of effort into creating your build first. As it stands now, it just feels like you want everyone to do your work for you, so you're very unlikely to get any helpful responses.

After what Grim said, it's also helpful to provide a list of allowable sources, even if that amounts to 'all official WotC'.

Yeah, the myth is pretty spread out systems wise - there's no particularly zealous D&D afficiados.

Many of the people prefer to discuss RPGs in general - so it helps to throw down a guideline for what we're supposed to be talking about. Heh.

Things we do know. You'll want to optimize Charisma, uses of Bardic Music and you want max ranks of Perform dance. You probably want to be able to leverage reach as much as possible, so a lot of the same tricks that are used for spiked chain builds are worth a look.

Things we don't know. What level are you building for? As Tedronai said, what's allowed?

Things to consider. Dervish? Commonly combined with Snowflake Wardance and the whip dagger is a slashing weapon. Tripping? Getting more use out of Charisma (Iajutsu Master, Paladin of Freedom (or any of a vast number of classes that add CHA to saves) Swiftblade, Slippers of Battledancing)?

Quote:
Things we do know. You'll want to optimize Charisma, uses of Bardic Music and you want max ranks of Perform dance. You probably want to be able to leverage reach as much as possible, so a lot of the same tricks that are used for spiked chain builds are worth a look.

Things we don't know. What level are you building for? As Tedronai said, what's allowed?

Things to consider. Dervish? Commonly combined with Snowflake Wardance and the whip dagger is a slashing weapon. Tripping? Getting more use out of Charisma (Iajutsu Master, Paladin of Freedom (or any of a vast number of classes that add CHA to saves) Swiftblade, Slippers of Battledancing)?
Ooh, those slippers look nice. It kind of makes Snowflake Wardance pointless though, doesn't it? I guess you can't take a full attack with the slippers, but I won't really miss that as a bard, anyway. Besides it would kind of make my character feel like Dorothy. Thanks for the suggestions, I'll look over it.

Quote:
When posting these kinds of threads, I find it tends to help to put at least a bit of effort into creating your build first. As it stands now, it just feels like you want everyone to do your work for you, so you're very unlikely to get any helpful responses.
The work has been done actually. I've already made the build, I just wanted to know if someone knew something that I didn't know. =] Which it turns out, someone did.