What's that Movie!? - Page 15 - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

Non Sequitur

A place for light-hearted forum games and other threads that don't promote discussion.

What's that Movie!?

Indeed. Slightly surprised it's that well known. Great film but most people here don't remember it.

"The table is yours" JAMFTW

I happen to be a bit of a Gilliam fan (as are some other people, I'm led to believe, given that Brazil was used a couple pages ago). Also, I have it on DVD and I'm a bit of a movie trivia nerd, and I don't think Brad Pitt and Bruce Willis were ever in another movie together (of course, I could be wrong on that but I don't think I am).

Will have something up a bit later, owing to the fact that I'm currently unable to do image stuff from my current location.

I loved everything Gilliam until "The Brothers Grimm"---his first real mis-step, in my opinion. I'd really hoped his Don Quixote project had been completed.
That said, when I saw "Tideland", Gilliam became pretty much dead to me. So, so many things sick and irredeemable about that film. And believe me, I'm a pretty tolerant guy. I won't even offer a synopsis of the film, it was just...awful. One of the few films I wish I could un-watch. (The film even begins with Gilliam talking to the audience and offering the disclaimer that what happens to the child in the film can be forgiven, since kids are so hardy: "Remember, children are strong. They’re resilient. They’re designed to survive. When you drop them, they tend to bounce.")
I think we're done here, Terry.

If that was the movie he did after the Quixote project, I heard that he put all the negative emotions and feelings from the quagmire that was that film into Tideland (assuming of course this is the same movie I'm thinking of) as a way of working through and getting rid of all the negative baggage associated with the movie.

I wasn't much of a fan of Grimm either, though I did very much enjoy the Imaginarium of Dr. Parnassus.

Baggage? Holy crap, that film was like an Exxon supertanker filled with issues. Word to the wise: never let Terry Gilliam babysit your children.
Still haven't seen Parnassus. Don't know if I can forgive him quite yet.

Two of my RL DnD buddies are Gilliam fans and like Grimm for how bad it is, but they both didn't like Parnassus that much. Also, I tend to have an odd taste in movies, and as I'm not at all familiar with you, Danny, I can't say whether you'd like it or not, heh.