Sword Art online question - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

General Discussion

All-purpose section for discussions that don’t clearly belong in any of the other categories.

Sword Art online question

Sword Art online question

So anime question, where exactly are we along anime wise, that is equal to the manga. The manga, seems rather ...rushed it seems, and one of the few times that the anime is better then the manga.

As far as I'm aware, the manga only runs to the end of the SAO arc. The anime is actually based originally on the light novel written by Reki Kawahara (also the author of Accel World). The current arc in the anime is based on the third book in the series, Fairy Dance (the second book is a collection of side stories from SAO, some of which were incorporated into the anime).

Yep. The translations are a little rough, but since I watch a lot of subbed anime, i was able to overlook them. That said, I only read the first novel, and decided to stick with the anime for the rest of the storyline.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dire Lint View Post
What is it with Manga based on other things sucking while anime based on other things don't necessarily.
One of you hit me with a clue-by-four ... what's the difference between manga and anime?

Got it. Thanks, Zell.

Technically, Anime refers to all animation, but the western world usually uses the word to mean specifically Japanese animation.

Well I would go on a Technically, that Anime is a short hand term by most folks to refer to Japanese , anything else may almost be refereed to as mearly as a cartoon as a catch all phrase.

Manga and Anime are very disticitly japense words.

Anime (Japanese: アニメ?, [a.ni.me] ( listen); i/ˈænɨmeɪ/ or /ˈɑːnɨmeɪ/) are Japanese cartoons and computer animation.[1]

Gods for all the typos but to tired to fix