2017 MW Fantasy Football - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

General Discussion

All-purpose section for discussions that don’t clearly belong in any of the other categories.

2017 MW Fantasy Football

2017 MW Fantasy Football

So another off-season is just about behind us, and the first preseason game is this Thursday. And because football is back, my mind is turning to the official sport of my life: Fantasy Football.

Last year was great...right up until the championship game. I salute the winner, even though I would have done better if Johnson hadn't gone out with an injury early. Ah, but that's the fun of it all - trying to outguess yourself to win the whole tamale.

Anyhow, my question: Are we doing this again this year? Is someone going to take up the mantle of commissioner and run this for us again?

Team Managers
Scarecrow71 (Commissioner)
Cleric8092
Jewdebega
TheRoot
Nathan
Leons1701
GreyJaeger
Nathan's +1
Geekahedron
Skarn Gnarledoak

I don't mind heading this up if no one else wants to.

Is there a preferred venue (Yahoo! versus ESPN versus some other source)?

I suppose we'll also need to work out the finer details (Live Draft v. Computer Picks, # of Managers, # of Roster Spots, Scoring Adjustments, etc.)

Last few years have all been on Yahoo, I believe, though as I skipped last year, I can't be sure which site was used for the 2016 season.

Last year was on NFL.com. The paid league I'm in uses Yahoo. I have zero preference on site.

As far as scoring goes, I say keep it simple. Standard scoring, starting 1 QB, 2 RBs, 3 WRs, a TE, a DEF, a K, and have 6 bench positions. I'm also in favor of a live draft (although auto-drafting last year worked out nicely for me).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarecrow71 View Post
As far as scoring goes, I say keep it simple. Standard scoring...
Just to clarify... No PPR or PPR?

I may be interested. I mostly used NFL.com in the past but it really doesn't matter to me much. PM me an invite if you are putting a league together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRoot View Post
I may be interested. I mostly used NFL.com in the past but it really doesn't matter to me much. PM me an invite if you are putting a league together.
I've never used NFL.com's system, but I'll take a look into it.

@Scarecrow - Out of curiosity how many players did you have last year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewdebega View Post
Just to clarify... No PPR or PPR?
No PPR. I hate PPR. I dislike having WRs who score TDs get outscored by guys who get targeted a bajillion times. TDs should always - ALWAYS - trump simply catching the ball.