NaNoWrimo 2018 - Page 3 - Myth-Weavers

Notices

Creative Corner

Post your creative works here and show off your talent!

NaNoWrimo 2018

@Jolinar What's the name for the widget?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dauphinous View Post
I find I can really ramp up my productivity if I keep my social media time to a bare minimum (I have to do some for work, but no more than that).
How's that working out with me pinging you almost daily?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dauphinous View Post
This year, I'm writing a lesbian space opera with dragons, pirates, and ninjas. It began with the intent to write a book with dragons. The rest came later.
Do your NaNoWriMo get published? Because I'd read the heck out of that book.

I have definitely been circling around this, but I don't know. I'm having trouble narrowing down my ideas and picking one to work on, and the pressure of having to start writing in 3 days is not making me more decisive.

It's about the journey, @StarryKnight! Worst that happens is you don't finish if you go for it, as opposed to not even trying.

So glad that this is a thing. Being forced to look at my wordcount in MW is going to add so much accountability.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin View Post
It's about the journey, @StarryKnight! Worst that happens is you don't finish if you go for it, as opposed to not even trying.
I'm not worried about finishing, I'm worried about starting! Like, at some point I have to decide if I'm doing medieval fantasy or urban fantasy or space opera, and that point has not yet happened.

How does anyone else decide what book they want to write before sitting down to the blank page?

Definitely want to start. But got a bit late into it :/ hopefully I an come up with an idea in 2 days.

My badge:

Also, quick suggestion, maybe put MW's usernames (or even links) next to the badges in the original post? kinda hard to tell whose who.

Going to give it another try this year.