GenCon Blog (pics) - Page 3 - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

World of Farland

A world conquered by evil and ruled by the Lords of Sin; A unique campaign setting designed to be used with all editions of D&D.

GenCon Blog (pics)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth
Great pictures Farland. Maybe I will come up to my home town one year and check GenCon out. I had never heard of it until lately, but with it being in Indy, my hometown, I have a great chance of being there. Chances are I will not, but then again I might (might be a bit dangerous for a closet geek like myself ). Any idea how much it costs to go? I am definitely interested in going, and meeting some of you personally.
It was $65 for a four day pass. This is great I can pay for your pass and you can let me crash on your floor for next year. This will be great for both of us I think it was $35 for a single day pass if you wanted to do this instead. There was more than enough stuff to do for four days though. I was bummed that I was only there for three days.

Oh yeah and Lilman, that's too bad you're Canadian. Canadians are definitely not allowed

Thats not too bad on the prices. If i end up going I'll be the one paying for Myth's pass and crashing on the floor. Or couch whichever it dosn't matter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lord.anki
Thats not too bad on the prices. If i end up going I'll be the one paying for Myth's pass and crashing on the floor. Or couch whichever it dosn't matter.
You should start saving up now, because it is well worth it.

GenCon 07

So I would say GenCon 07 was a rousing good time.

A brief overview of the highlights: we all got in around 10-1 on Friday, then we wasted no time in heading over to the dealer's room to check out the booths. There was a lot of great stuff, and if anything, there seemed to be more dealers there than last year.

On Friday I asked the WOTC staff about 4th edition and found out that basically their answers were very evasive and general. They didn't tell me much of anything. I'd check out ENWorld for your 4e info, because unfortunately, I don't have much to add.

Galadwen and I did demo all of the wizards games on Friday (watching counted as a demo, if you were persuasive enough), and that entitled us to roll a big, rubber d20 and add +1 for each game we demoed. The higher the modified roll, the better the stuff you got for free. Well Galadwen won some cool Magic the Gathering stuff, but I rolled a 20 and scored the leather bound MM 1 worth 75.00. Not bad. I did it again on Friday and won some Magic stuff. Valanduil also did it and scored Magic stuff.

Friday night we went to the bar, then tried to play DnD using BRPG, but we couldn't find one open port on publicly available internet in the whole city, so that was a bust.

We did manage to play a kick-ass game on Saturday, though-- the Farland adventure "What Lurks Within." Agi played a cool half-orc with short term memory loss, and etothemft and Squeak played an elf and half-elf team of brothers. I have never seen more 20s in a row than Squeak rolled. And then we went out to the bar and had more than a few drinks. Agi can put away some scotch. They played the movie 300 at the Ram, which of course thrilled the crap out of Malcall. We called it a night at 2 or 2:30 am. A good time was had by all, I believe.

Pics follow. Pic one from left: Valanduil and Galadwen playing DnD; the Farland staff (from left Valanduil, Agricolus, Farland, Galadwen, etothemft, Squeak); Malcall and Farland with a trooper; Farland and Galadwen with Raistlin Majere; Galadwen with the backdrop of the dealer's hall).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC00975.JPG (116.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00982.JPG (175.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00985.JPG (135.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00986.JPG (126.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00987.JPG (152.9 KB, 0 views)

More pics. From left, Farland with the con in the background, Agricolus and Valanduil and some empty beer bottles playing DnD, two demon guys, and Farland and Valanduil with Boba Fett.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC00988.JPG (149.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00989.JPG (124.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00991.JPG (154.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00978.JPG (122.3 KB, 0 views)

Wow, man. I wish I was there..

Did you happen to have pictures of Steve Argyle?

Man, what a trip! A fantastic convention, no doubt! It was great to put faces on those I've been working and playing with the past year - glad to call a bunch of talented, pleasant folk like all of you friends.

And so many Kilts and Scot wannabe's in one place! And the beer and whisky did flow...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg big Scott.jpg (126.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg kilt day.jpg (119.6 KB, 0 views)

Great pictures, Agi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaXe View Post
Wow, man. I wish I was there..

Did you happen to have pictures of Steve Argyle?
I've attached one from last year. He's a good guy.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC00842.JPG (133.7 KB, 0 views)

That does indeed look like an enjoyable time was had by all. I am quite envious. Agi, why all the scottish folk in kilts? Was there a scottish con at the same time?