GM Workshop

A community-created and maintained place for Game Masters of all systems to bounce ideas around. It's a place for inspiration and sharing tips.

D&D 5E - Genie Prestige Class (aka Break this PrC)

D&D 5E - Genie Prestige Class (aka Break this PrC)

Break this prestige race!

Draft two two of the Genie, intended for play in high powered level 16-20 campaign settings like Agents of Sigil, is ready for review.

http://homebrewery.naturalcrit.com/share/Skb46bA91f

This is kind of a sorcerer on steroids for games where wishes, planar shifts, and ninth level reality bending spells are slung around like nuclear weapons (and the players have their own set of launch codes).

I'm interested in critiques of:

How this class gives the feel of playing a Genie from the monster manual

What sort of class/race/Genie combos would produce unbeatable synergistic effects

What sort of class/Genie combos are totally pointless

What sort of play styles and combat styles are easy and difficult with a Genie PC

Thanks in advance,

LionHart

Dual wielding Genie horizon walker ranger. Sure, why not? Vecna could still beat this guy one handed.

Can't say much about 5e, but I think your formatting on the Homebrewery pdf is a bit broken. Might want to check that out first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Actana View Post
Can't say much about 5e, but I think your formatting on the Homebrewery pdf is a bit broken. Might want to check that out first.
Thanks @actana; formatting fixed.