Pathfinder PC and NPC automated builders - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

GM Workshop

A community-created and maintained place for Game Masters of all systems to bounce ideas around. It's a place for inspiration and sharing tips.

Pathfinder PC and NPC automated builders

Pathfinder PC and NPC automated builders

All,

I apologize if this has been asked before. Is Herolab or another alternative for building PC and NPC's. I need a resource that can speed up the builds.

A few needs:

Pathfinder prestige classes
Pathfinder archetypes
Pathfinder feats
Pathfinder spells
Able to customize all the above.

I don't mind paying for add ons to get me to where I want. My main concern is speeding up builds and doing it efficiently.

Thanks
SD

It's frankly easier to pick a npc and just modify him...the pfsrd itself has a large numbers of npcs (some even from AP but given a generic name)

If you are making npc for the pc to fight...frankly I switched to simple monster creation. Only the most powerful like the big boss and end of an arc for a campaign...I bother to do a full write up. Simple monster creation just give your monster the stats that he needs for whatever you have planned. Then you can add whatever loot you deem necessary. The simple monster creation doesn't do mythic but then again a mythic creature is worth making manually from scratch or adding whatever mythic path to a monster.

Also don't hesitate to use simple class templates, make it go pretty easy, want a minotaur barbarian and only want to increase the cr a little bit? Just give him the barbarian creature template because everything else doesn't matter.

As for automated builders...you are out of luck, have never seen anything good enough to make something decently quick, as pathfinder has rules for roles of the monster etc...

Thanks Chaos.

I do a lot of that now. I just wanted to see if there was a resource worth having. I appreciate the feedback.

SD

Good Builder

I prefer herolabs from wolflair, it is a bit pricey to get all of the add-ons but even with the core books you can do some nifty stuff.