Disable Device for my Bard - Myth-Weavers

Notices

Gaming Discussion

For all things gaming related.

Disable Device for my Bard

Disable Device for my Bard

I am calling on the vast knowledge of many Pathfinder veterans. I have an Undine Watersinger Bard that I'm trying to make into more rogue like/skill monkey. Bards do not get Disable Device as a class skill so my question is:

Does anyone know of a racial variant, item, or other miscellaneous way for my Undine Watersinger Bard to claim this prized skill?

Note: I already considered Headband of Vast Intelligence and I do not have the Gold for it at 4000gp cost for +2. Even if I did, it seems a pretty steep price to pay for 4 ranks in the skill and no retro skill points in other skills as the item specifically states in the description.
I could squeeze out around 3000gp for an item if I sacrificed some decent AC items. She is a level 4 Bard.

Vagabond Child or, (if your GM allows campaign traits), Trap Finder.

One thing about skills in PF that I've discovered, it's easy to over-value class skills. The way they do skill ranks in PF, you can simply place ranks in it at every level, whether it's on your skill list or not - no cross-class stuff like in 3.5. That means your total skill ranks are going to eventually make the +3 class-skill modifier pretty irrelevant. As a bard, I'm assuming you have a pretty high dex anyway, and little to no armor check penalty. Whether or not you trait it in as a class skill, I wouldn't sweat it really.

Edit - Also, one level of Rogue ftw.

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarist View Post
Vagabond Child or, (if your GM allows campaign traits), Trap Finder.

One thing about skills in PF that I've discovered, it's easy to over-value class skills. The way they do skill ranks in PF, you can simply place ranks in it at every level, whether it's on your skill list or not - no cross-class stuff like in 3.5. That means your total skill ranks are going to eventually make the +3 class-skill modifier pretty irrelevant. As a bard, I'm assuming you have a pretty high dex anyway, and little to no armor check penalty. Whether or not you trait it in as a class skill, I wouldn't sweat it really.

Edit - Also, one level of Rogue ftw.
Excellent! Thanks Guitarist, I think that will work nicely (Vagabond child), I just have to figure out which trait to swap it for.

There's also the religion trait Nimble Fingers, Keen Mind, though I think (can't confirm since Archives of Nethys isn't loading for me at the moment) that technically that requires the worship of Brigh:

https://www.d20pfsrd.com/traits/reli...ers-keen-mind/

Yes, Archives does have it as requiring Brigh.