Looking to get a map made - Page 2 - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

Creative Corner

Post your creative works here and show off your talent!

Looking to get a map made

Bumping this as I haven't heard from the previous artist since May. Even links to a decent artist that I could commission would be helpful.

Since it's been almost 10 months since my original request, I realize I should probably work on this myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelOmnipotent View Post
I'd be interested in helping you out. Some examples of my latest maps are here: http://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread.php?t=198838

I'll be willing to discuss more in a PM.
Took a look and these are so very much awesome. As a DM, I always struggle making maps and wish I had half the talent you possess!

Quote:
I'd be interested in helping you out. Some examples of my latest maps are here: http://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread.php?t=198838

I'll be willing to discuss more in a PM.
Very impressed - how did you make these, Angel?

A lot of time browsing Google maps for bits and pieces (mountain ranges, coastlines the right shape, etc), Photoshop and a good artistic talent. I also do a lot of work by hand, too. If I can't find anything suitable on Google maps, I'll hand draw it.

Quote:
A lot of time browsing Google maps for bits and pieces (mountain ranges, coastlines the right shape, etc)
It seems like such an obvious idea, yet I have never thought of doing that!

I love the look of those maps, and would like the same sort of thing for the various regions in Rebirth: Abiding Night. I'll have to give it a go.

Quote:
A lot of time browsing Google maps for bits and pieces (mountain ranges, coastlines the right shape, etc), Photoshop and a good artistic talent. I also do a lot of work by hand, too. If I can't find anything suitable on Google maps, I'll hand draw it.
I had started doing something similar, but not nearly at the same level.

I was mostly using bits from Singapore and Hong Kong, and that was about an hour of cutting and pasting. It would probably take me quite some time to make it look like a city, but photo realistic might not be so good for RP.

I did something similar for another game.

Though in that case, all I did was take Grande Prairie (which had about the right sized population), mirror it and stick in the right spot, making a hole for Crimson Lake.