Help with the dice command? - Myth-Weavers

Notices

Site Discussion

Do you have questions, suggestions, feedback, bug reports or other concerns? Post them here!

Help with the dice command?

Help with the dice command?

My Browser Information: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:60.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/60.0

Relevant Links: (Copy and paste links to what it is you're talking about here)
Referrer: https://www.myth-weavers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8

Message: Going by the wiki I should be capable of generating a dice result and then multiplying it or dividing it by some number. What I'm trying to make it do is modify a given number to 75-125% of the entered value and then displaying the result. If I try entering say
Dice Roll: 1d51+74*0.08z
d51 Results: 44 (Total = 118)
Test which seems correct it will generate the random number and then not modify it in anyway when the intended behavior would be showing a number between 6-10, inclusive. I've also tried multiplying by 8 and then dividing by 100 and using various combinations of spaces and not spaces, it still ignores everything after the 1dx+y. Am I just botching the formatting in some way or do those commands not work anymore?

The dice code is really only made to handle one arithmetic operation; it's not a full-on expression parser. Also, it's designed around integer math, so decimal points don't work at all, which can be seen by testing 1d99/100 (always == 0 for the dice roller). There is a quirk that will allow you to do two operations, which takes advantage of how sheet dice support circumstantial modifiers within the post, but that second operation can only be addition/subtraction (of an integer).

If I try
Dice Roll: 1d51+74*8
d51 Results: 26 (Total = 100)
it also ignores the * 8 even though that is only one operation and an integer though.

In your example, the first operation is the addition of 74; the second operation to multiply by 8 is ignored. You could in theory do it the other way around (1d51*8+592) to take advantage of the quirk mentioned above, which would give you a result 100-fold bigger than your target range.

I see. That works but takes more of a manual process than just doing the 75-125% check and then manually modifying the number and manually sorting. That's unfortunate but I'll find another way of expediting the math on that.