It's a Disgaea take on Path of the Righteous, dood! - Page 2 - Myth-Weavers

Notices

It's a Disgaea take on Path of the Righteous, dood!

Old Dec 9 '18, 5:50pm
Great Wyrm

Mentioned: 91 Post(s)
It's a Disgaea take on Path of the Righteous, dood!

The Sinful Rose - Forum
Pathfinder

Welcome to another crazy mash-up of Pathfinder campaigns and JRPG tropes! This time around, we're looking at Path of the Righteous: this had originally started as a solo game created for a specific person but, due to circumstances, that deal fell through: rather than just archiving the forum and forgetting about the idea, I figured I'd just recycle it for a group.

So, I'm looking for a standard group of 4 adventurers, fulfilling the 4 basic roles of big stupid fighter, skill monkey, healer and arcane caster. Compared to your basic Wrath of the Righteous, you can expect this game to have more light-hearted, zany moments, although the darkest aspects of the AP are still gonna be there. To reinforce the JRPG feeling we're gonna use this system, a personal favorite of mine which takes Pathfinder and gives it a unique spin. It also powers up melee combatants and smooths out the "useless at low levels, literally a god from level 5 onward" issue most arcane classes have in standard PFs, giving more tricks to their low levels while nerfing their high levels.

Application rules here.
Circumstances that will bring the party together, and quick background on our version of the story, here.
List of people you're assumed to know about from the start here.
Despite all my edits and quirks, this is still Wrath of the Righteous at heart, so you might want to get the player guide here.
You might also want to read about the mythic rules, which we'll eventually use, here.

Application process will keep running for 3 weeks, until saturday december the 23rd. I will then take a couple of days to make my selection and set up the IC room, and then after Christmas we'll begin. If we get few but very good apps I might decide to cut the process short and start sooner.

Are you open-minded to the idea of looking at a classic AP from a completely new perspective? Do you enjoy the thought of fighting evil and having a good laugh while at it? Do you like demons? Do you like tsunderes? Do you like tsundere demons? If your answer to all these questions was "yes", then this is the game for you!
Also obligatory tags:
@Yamazaki
@whitelancer

Game Description:

A personal take on the Wrath of the Righteous AP, inspired by Disgaea 2!

My lung condition is getting worse. I'll try my hardest to not die on you guys, but at this point I make no promises. For all it's worth, when making posts and interacting with people I'll endeavor to act normally, I'll thank you to do the same.
@Catherine Cook

You have this incredible power to make games I'm interested in, right around the time I'm applying for other games. Honestly, it's ridiculous!

I am so up for this. I’ve had a couple of Disgaea inspired character ideas at the back of my mind for a while, now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagael View Post
Do you want character creation questions in the thread titled as such or the OOC in the main game thread?
Ask them in the creations rule thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by omnitricks View Post
If I put in knowledge engineering at every level would that make my bonus gauge fill faster?
Alas no. I do plan on porting a couple Disgaea mechanics into this game, but not to that extent

I'm in love with the idea of a Disgaea-themed game, never heard of FFD20 but I'll look through it and see what it's about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catherine Cook View Post
Alas no. I do plan on porting a couple Disgaea mechanics into this game, but not to that extent
I meant that as a joke but I may be picking the summoner class which is very much like stacking up a character tower if I can figure out how it works. Lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Hank View Post
I'm in love with the idea of a Disgaea-themed game, never heard of FFD20 but I'll look through it and see what it's about.
It's essentially a refluffed Pathfinder with a few extra mechanics. I think it's a lot of fun and, if you know PF, learning it should be a matter of seconds.

*appears, riding a steam-punk mecha throne* Who summons the great Yamazaki?!?! *said steampunk-mecha throne breaks, becoming nothing more that a pile of gears and a chair* Oh, just you, Cathy. LOL

While I'd be interested in this one, especially since I've enjoyed what very little of Disgaea I've played in teh past (we're talking only a few hours here, FYI), and even willing to break my 'no first level games' rule, I'm currently full up on games (especially with one of my own on the works). But this certainly looks like a fun one to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamazaki View Post
*appears, riding a steam-punk mecha throne* Who summons the great Yamazaki?!?! *said steampunk-mecha throne breaks, becoming nothing more that a pile of gears and a chair* Oh, just you, Cathy. LOL

While I'd be interested in this one, especially since I've enjoyed what very little of Disgaea I've played in teh past (we're talking only a few hours here, FYI), and even willing to break my 'no first level games' rule, I'm currently full up on games (especially with one of my own on the works). But this certainly looks like a fun one to me.
Meh, pity. And I went through all the trouble of procuring a Horse Wiener as ingredient for summoning you, too!