@mentions and Quote Alerts - Page 3 - Myth-Weavers

Notices

@mentions and Quote Alerts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodrigo View Post
@Xenh I'm a little confused. There is a global mute available (per the previous posts).

If it does not address a problem you have never considered to be a problem then... to what problem are you referring? It's not clear what you're trying to say.
Anyone that mentions or quotes me is 99.999% of the time going to be within a thread that I am active in and likely subscribed to (if not, it probably matters very little to me).

Should someone be wishing to attract my attention could always send me a PM.

So having little pop ups, messages, or the illusion that I have a new PM is more of an annoyance than anything else. This is not because of emails, as I do not get them, it is simply something that is a net detractor of fun in visiting the site, and I would like to not have any of it.

It can be the site default, but an easy "off, please let me live in the world of yesterday where none of this was a thing" would be great.

I appreciate the work you do Rodrigo, and enjoy your site, I am just old and hate change ("you kids get off my porch").

@Rodrigo -- Thank you! Took you up on the global mute. If it can be moved to a separate icon at some point, that would be even better and I would probably turn it back on at that time.

Definitely appreciate the constant work and improvements.

Quote:
@SageBahamut there are now options for disabling the email notifications - let me know if they keep coming? https://www.myth-weavers.com/profile.php?do=editoptions
Thankyou for that! It was driving me batty.

Quote:
@Text there's a bit of tweaking I'd have to do to the system to get it into the control panel in a sane fashion.
Understandable. I do have one concern, though; while I'd love this feature for getting a little poke — because while I'm fairly good with keeping up with my games, sometimes I am an absentminded goof and forget to post after checking the new posts — I am somewhat concerned about getting it from all over the place.

Would it, perhaps, be possible to give users the option to limit it to a Friends Only scale? That seems less cumbersome from a use side, but I don't know about the technical part of it.

One thing I will say is that I feel email notifications should be off by default where as forum notifications should be on by default. But maybe that's just me.

@PPQ_Purple sure, there's also an overriding switch in your user options for disabling 'admin' emails from the forum (excluding subscription emails)

I'm not completely sure the new thing in the User CP is working properly; I appear to be seeing my own posts in which I have quoted someone else, rather than posts in which someone else has quoted me.

@Llyarden Both are present, I'm still figuring out how to limit it to just your own for that page.
Edit: fixed now

Separate icons would be a desirable improvement. I

I still think it's a great feature, even without it.