D20 Modern Custom Rules - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

Gaming Discussion

For all things gaming related.

D20 Modern Custom Rules

D20 Modern Custom Rules

Just a bunch of custom rules I came up with while mulling over the d20 Modern system for a game I'm in. Suggestions, questions and constructive criticisms are welcome:

Just a bunch of custom rules I came up with while mulling over the d20 Modern system for a game I'm in. Suggestions, questions and constructive criticisms are welcome:

Dead Aim Feat Change:

Take Aim Action:

Evasion/Improved Evasion Talent Change:

Thrown Weapon Changes:

Placed Explosive Save DC Changes:

Autofire Changes:

Burst Fire Changes:

Hiding Objects/Other Creatures:

Called Shots:

Armour Changes:

Spot/Listen Proximity Bonus:

Cover Changes:

Critical Successes/Failures:

Alternate Base Attack Progressions:

Posture in Combat; Kneeling and Prone:

Structural Damage:

Area of Effect Damage Decrementation:

Weapon Focus/Specialization/Greater Weapon Focus Changes:

Short Range Bonus to Hit:

You included the hands and feet as well I see. Personally I was aiming to maximize simplicity with my called shot system in the sense that I didn't want to get too granular with the locations.

Amoungst other things. The main change in my rules is not about change in armour or addition of critical hit locations, it is about the reduction in hit points per level. As I have play tested these rules for a long time I can tell you that they work really well and make the game very exciting.

Going over your rules more thoroughly, they strike me as more of a system change than a series of custom rules. The intent of mine were to address very specific things that I thought were amiss, rather than aiming for sweeping reforms.

I see that you're trying to keep high level characters threatened, and I applaud that. Concerning this goal, I think my own rules also present threats for higher level characters in the form of Burst Fire attacks with higher potential damage, and of course headshots for characters with greater finesse.