Spelljammer: Dark Void (AD&D 2E) - Page 2 - Myth-Weavers

Spelljammer: Dark Void (AD&D 2E)

Old Apr 13 '19, 10:11pm
Chaotic Neutral

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Spelljammer: Dark Void (AD&D 2E)

Spelljammer: Dark Void - Forum
Dungeons & Dragons (AD&D) and clones

Recruiting at least 3 new players for this Spelljammer campaign. We have been running for over 2 years now, and due to some recent player losses are looking for some fresh blood. The perfect time to join is now, when new paths to adventure are opening. Come join the crew and help shape the destiny of Wildspace!

Somewhere, an entire crystal sphere exploded, sending massive waves rippling across the phlogiston. Caught up in these tsunami waves, called a 'phlonami', ships have been thrown drastically off-course. Some ships, riding the waves at such great speed, have been stranded far, far away from home.

New players will be characters who have been caught up in the phlonami, shoved off-course and totally lost. Whatever ship your characters were on have entered the first sphere they found, and recently landed on the asteroid port city known as Arios. As you come to terms with your situation, you realize you are a long, long way from home.

You can find specific character-creation rules HERE. Most characters will begin around level 5-6, and almost all races/classes/kits are allowed. Any player wishing to enter should create a new thread in the "Characters" area. Creation rules are very lenient, so I expect to see some above-average characters. You'll need every advantage you can get.

Current players include:
A half-elven gypsy-bard
A lizardman warrior
A hadozee cleric

The cutoff to submit is April 30th. Thank you!

About the DM: I'm an old-school D&D gamer who's been playing tabletop RPGs since the late 80's, and online and around play-by-email and play-by-post since the mid 90's. I've been running a 2E Forgotten Realms campaign here on Myth-Weavers for almost 4 years, and this campaign for over 2 years. I'm not too focused upon following every rule exactly as its printed, and while I do like to keep the game flowing forward, I encourage and reward good role-playing.

Game Description:

This is a fantasy campaign in space, using the AD&D Second-Edition (2E) rules within the Spelljammer campaign setting.

Game Style: Survival and exploration.

Posting Frequency: Twice a week. This can be faster or slower depending upon the speed of the players and/or DM, but at least twice a week at the minimum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qstor View Post
Is this full?
Nope. Still plenty of time to enter. I won't make final decisions on new players until the end of the month.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voidstalker View Post
Nope. Still plenty of time to enter. I won't make final decisions on new players until the end of the month.
How about an elven wizard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qstor View Post
How about an elven wizard?
If that's what you want to play. Almost all races and classes are available for character selection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voidstalker View Post
If that's what you want to play. Almost all races and classes are available for character selection.
There's no increased gold? Someone on the dragonsfoot forums suggested multiplying starting gold x character level when creating AD&D PCs above 1st level?

Standard starting funds should be enough to buy equipment. If a character needs anything that you cannot afford, exceptions can be made if you make a good argument for it.

If there remains time and room, Id like to re-open Starr Straylean for consideration please. Celestian crusader.

Last day for any last-minute submissions!

I'll be looking over character applications and conferring with the other players through-out the week. I'll try to have final decisions done by early next week, if not this coming weekend.

Spelljammer Dark Void AD 2E

I am excite.
Not to be melodramatic, but platinuming Dark Souls was an incredibly bittersweet experience, because I felt as though no other game henceforth could possibly measure up. Except maybe this one