Kinsend - A Call to Arms! Mercenary Band Looking for Officers! - Myth-Weavers

Kinsend - A Call to Arms! Mercenary Band Looking for Officers!

Old Apr 29 '19, 10:50pm
The Prismatic Crown Ducj

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Kinsend - A Call to Arms! Mercenary Band Looking for Officers!

Kinsend: Price of Blood - Forum
Fate/Fudge

Kinsend: Price of Blood

The land of Kinsend is a continent that has been embroiled in war for over one hundred years. Ever shifting between different Nation's claims the wars seem to have been heating up instead of slowing down. To help minimize the losses of dedicated military forces all the nations have been employing "Mercenary Bands" to do the fighting for them. Usually comprised of unaffiliated people the bands follow the coin and promises to do their patron nation's bidding.

Kinsend Terrain Map ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ Kinsend Political Map

Rumors and half-whispers of war weapons being developed by the arcanists and the mages have been the gossip of the week as the mercenary band formerly known as the "Gray Hawks" have been forced to rest and recuperate after entire wipe of their fighting force and the retirement of their leader. Based on the prestige of the former company alone several nations have offered to host the remnants to allow them to rebuild and begin anew.

This is where you come in, we need new blood in the ranks - We've been thinned out as it is and experience is hard to come by in our line of work. Well? Are you up to starting a band?

Application Information

Players: Looking for 4 to 5 players, you don't have to be Fate experts, rookies are welcomed. Also Applications are based on players so please read the application guidelines or ask questions for more details.
Timeline: Open for 3 weeks, Which means closing on the 13th of May (Midnight AST), I'm open to some leeway, but as is that's a lot of time.
Game Style: This is kind of a rags to (potentially) riches game that is more focused on the progress of the mercenary band you create together and its history rather than the individual characters who are the officers. This is war and I feel war should be more lethal - be attached to your characters but also be prepared to see them leave, death is as much a part of fighting as are heroic deeds. Let the band remember them and gain glory - or what was their death for?

Game Description:

Game Information

Game System: Fate Core + Modifications
Game Forum: Press me
Game Type: Mercenary Band Collaborative Story Weaving

No man's plains - West of Heildalm

As the dust clears on the battlefield it becomes plainly clear which side lost the engagement, all of them. Amidst the fallen nobles lay next to peasants, arm's intertwined in death's embrace. A group of armed humanoids stir the birds that feast on the fallen, checking bodies quickly as they weave between the carnage, grabbing an item or two and handing larger pieces to the man pulling a cart behind them. Their dull gray armor belays nothing about their position or which side they fight for.

The lead woman raises her hand in a fist signaling the others to a halt. Her grizzled face turns to look at what is left of her 'band'. The piercing golden eyes lock with each of her followers before she clears her throat.

"Well then, not many of us made it alive out of this~" she waves her hand at the battlefield before them. "~'contract', I doubt our employer will have much in the way of pay for us either. Best you can do is scrounge what is left here and continue on. I... She pauses for a minute, as if to gauge the gravity of her next words. The years have not been kind to her, scars crisscross her exposed skin with a million more under her armor, aged thirty years past her birth age her stock white hair escapes from her helmet. "I believe I'm done with this life. I told you before this job it was going to be my last come hell or high tide, and it looks like hell came. Rebuilding a band from the ground up is a job for the young, and I can't count myself there. This burden I leave to you, I hope riding with me for a time has taught you some measure of this life if not.. well we'll meet in hell."

She clasps her gauntlet to her breastplate in salute before turning from the group and heading away from the corpses.

*reads forum* Are you expecting multiple character deaths a year? Or is this a just in case thing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleokatrah View Post
*reads forum* Are you expecting multiple character deaths a year? Or is this a just in case thing?
In case. I don't nessisarily expect them to die too easily really, but it could happen

I'm going to do a first pass 'pre-review' // comments this weekend. Just a heads up if there are any of you following without an application thread up. I'm not making any sort of selections yet, just general feedback and comments.

Okay all! I'll be doing another pass this weekend to answer questions in personal threads, give input ect again.

Then we're in the endgame and the following weekend will be the selection time.

Closing this ad now, I may or may not have accidentally extending my open window - will be reviewing and selecting this weekend.