Thinking of taking these feats how ever I am open to suggestions

Feats

Feats-
LV1: Extoic weapon: Katana
LV1: Extoic weapon: Wakazashi
LV1: Quick Draw
Lv1: Combat Reflexes (4)
LV1: Power Attack
LV1: Improved Quick Draw (Draw weapon on AoO)
Lv3: Scarlet Throne Style (Treat Eihander style as zweihander style for feats and class feature)8
lV5: Powerful Mark

I Also Need to Traits and am at a complete lost for this

Also The Game is set in a costom Setting that the gm created so I only know so much

Landsknecht is a class centered around hitting things with a weapon in one hand (and nothing in the other) using Mithral Current and Scarlet Throne maneuvers, especially during AoOs. Mithral Current will help with utility while Scarlet Throne helps with beatsticking and some maneuvers.

Zealot, Warden, and Stalker are the classes you'll want to avoid, due to not having native access to things you generally want. Special mention to Vigilante Stalker, since it gains Sneak Attack (excellent for the mobile reach/AoO character if they have an ally to set up flanks with them) and Scarlet Throne. Harbinger is a bit meh as you'll quickly find yourself debating on what you actually want to do during your turn. Mystic could make for an interesting defensive style of play.

However, straight Warlord is the most likely option. It's the simplest and most straightforward way to use the prestige class to be a guy who stabs things really hard when they try to move around the field.

There are archetype options that are also good, like Myrmidon Fighter or, for a stealthy skill based character, Hidden Blade Rogue.

As for race, anything that boosts your initiation modifier is a good bet. Or Human. Human is always a viable option.

I think Warder is actually the BEST bet to get in, if you use the Bushi template to get access to Mithral Current, some bonus feats, and some neat abilities. Pick up Daisho Expertise, Improved Quick Draw, maybe a martial tradition or trait to get Scarlet Throne to your Warder initiating, and go nuts with a d10 one-handed Katana. Sheath it every turn after you attack and you'll get back a maneuver each turn!

That was my initial gut feel. I do find it odd that Warder is Int based (though you could take the Ordained Defender archetype and make it Wis), but at 6th level, you've essentially replaced Dex with Int for almost all purposes (only skills, AC, and ranged attacks still use Dex) so enjoy your extra skill points and use counters to shore up your AC (you have Extended Defense 1/day, so that helps). You will most likely only ever have one bushido, so pick carefully (Courage seems good). Str and Con are probably your top priorities, followed by Int. Wis probably doesn't need more than a 12, Dex can be ignored (though you probably want to avoid a penalty) and Cha is probably your dump stat.

Getting Mithral Current from Bushi requires dropping a discipline. While there are ways to make Broken Blade work with any weapon, I'd probably dump it as you're going to have plenty of other uses for feats. Getting Scarlet Throne either requires the use of a trait to switch another discipline for it, using Martial Training to take ST maneuvers or the Scarlet Sentinel tradition. The tradition is the easiest way but some DM's don't allow them.

Didn't you just start a completely different thread about the same topic? I would have thought that one was sufficient.

It seems like the best way to make use of Combat Reflexes, Threatening Demeanour and Never Outnumbered is to use a reach weapon. Unfortunately, the only one-handed reach weapons are a kobold tail attachment (seriously, be a kobold) or the "flickmace" which appears new and somewhat controversial as it was apparently printed without flavour text which is suspected to have been important.

I would actually say that Bushi Warder is a pretty sensible entry since it gives you both your prereq feats and, better, you can use Int for Combat Reflexes. I previously pointed out the discrepancy with using Zweihander Sentinel but actually it does grant you Scarlet Throne if you need it and doesn't lose you much so I guess I can take that back - but only if you're expecting to go into Landsknecht at L6 and never come back.

Bushi actually works for pretty much any of the base classes. A Stalker with the Vigilante archetype would probably work pretty well too; that gives you Scarlet Throne and Primal Fury, or you could take the Lord of War Stalker Art at L1. Either way you get Quick Draw and EWP (Katana) means you get a one-handed weapon which does a tiny smidgen more damage than most (but still not as good as a greatsword).

Controversially, though, I'm going to suggest Vanguard Defender Warlord with a Spiked Bashing Shield and Iron Tortoise Stance. You don't get the same benefit from Threatening Demeanour but because you threaten 10ft, Never Outnumbered is going to work better. At L9 you get Superior Reach which ups this to 15ft! You're still using a one-handed weapon so all the normal stuff applies, but your base weapon damage is better and you get an AC bonus too. This is probably comparable to Scarlet Einhander, but reach is king so this is better.

It really depends on what options you're going for. All Landsknecht means is that you're probably fighting one-handed. You don't actually need Scarlet Throne or Mithral Current to get in (though probably you will want them to meet prereqs for later manoeuvres) or in fact to use them at all (though you probably want to). Personally I greatly dislike Mithral Current, because it's stupid. But with the exception of the ranged schools and Iron Tortoise (notwithstanding the above) and the possible exception of Thrashing Dragon which is quite two-weapon-focused, you can pretty much use any base class schools just fine. There's really no reason why you couldn't e.g. go Mystic, possibly get Scarlet Throne through a trait or something, and then focus on Riven Hourglass and Elemental Flux which are probably better manoeuvres anyway.

You could even consider e.g. a Swashbuckler entry. With the Practised Initiator trait you get +2 to IL, so a Swash 4/Warlord 1 (or Inspired Blade Swash 4/Warlord or Vigilante Stalker 1) could enter Landsknecht and still have full initiator level and the highest-level manoeuvres available. There's probably a lot of synergy there and it opens up Dex-based with Slashing/Fencing Grace or Deadly Agility if you so wanted (though it's not clear how, if at all, that works with Strength of Arms).

In short: probably needs a bit more direction, since there are many options here ranging from straightforward to a bit wacky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by relekorlagunis View Post
I think Warder is actually the BEST bet to get in, if you use the Bushi template to get access to Mithral Current, some bonus feats, and some neat abilities. Pick up Daisho Expertise, Improved Quick Draw, maybe a martial tradition or trait to get Scarlet Throne to your Warder initiating, and go nuts with a d10 one-handed Katana. Sheath it every turn after you attack and you'll get back a maneuver each turn!
well I though to so but I wanted to see what others though.
I figured since Both Have a lot to do with AoO it could work

Thanks for your input.
I plan to go Five level of Bushi Zweihander and then start my levels in Landsknecht
Since I Get The katana prof for free I plan to use that as my weapon

Actually, I was recently reminded of the Twin Thunder Stance in Piercing Thunder - a rather silly stance, but appropriate for you. Not only does this let you wield a reach weapon (e.g. a longspear) in one hand, which would work great with Landsknecht, it also specially calls out the Zweihander Sentinel's Armament Shield as still working. However, it doesn't appear to work with Zweihander Training, and as written it doesn't grant you TWF with weapon + armament shield, which sucks. Still, being able to use Landsknecht with a reach weapon is quite nice - but then compare/contrast with Iron Tortoise Stance and a shield.

If you're just wanting keep it simple then, sure, the katana works fine; you waste Zweihander Sentinel mostly but it gets you Scarlet Throne, and at 1d10 damage the katana is the best one-handed weapon you'll be proficient in unless you're looking to crit-fish or something (it wouldn't be worth taking EWP for but, indeed, you get it for free).