Refugee Crisis - Page 15 - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

Worldly Talk

Civil discussion and debate on real world events and issues.

Refugee Crisis

View Poll Results
ow do you think we should approach Syrian refugee immigration?
BAN THEM ALL! ╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━ 3 13.64%
LET THEM ALL IN, OPEN BORDERS. 4 18.18%
Basically Obama's plan as that was good enough 9 40.91%
Let them come in to refugee camps and then be vetted, rather than denied completely 5 22.73%
Potatoes. ¯_(ツ)_/¯ 1 4.55%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
Sorry by "they" in that supposition I meant the people of Syria in general, both civilians (the victims, generally) and government/rebel/Daesh forces.
Well seeing as how he's a fan of Assad and Russia and all that, he probably doesn't want them killed etheir. O_O

Quote:
And I don't disagree with any of that (other than the idea that crime is "skyrocketing" in Europe and that the primary cause is refugee-on-native violence, the former of which is a subjective assessment of a few countries and the latter of which isn't supported by your data), but here's the problem in America right now. Nobody with the power to officially create or implement a plan to increase refugee resettlement has the political desire to do any such thing. They are in fact doing the opposite. So this thread amounts to a lot of hot air and idle speculation rather than anything that could be useful any time before, say, 2021.
I would say 10 out of the 20 or so countries accepting the refugees having a crime spike directly attributable to the immigrants is pretty meaningful. Obviously not all countries are seeing crime waves, but not all countries poorly managed the immigration crisis or accepted in huge amounts of people proportionately. For instance the UK let in about 5-10,000 but with a population of 60 million it won't impact them as much as say, Sweden, with just 10 million who accepted in 100,000 immigrants. This proportionately is 60 times more than the UK, and thus we'd expect 60 times the problem. The fact that so many countries saw massive crime spikes is fairly troubling, and the same can also be said of non-European countries like Turkey, Jordan or Lebanon as well.

Of course this thread is all speculation, this entire forum is nothing more than a bunch of hot air of people talking about their ideas. But I don't see what that has to do with anything. xP

Nothing on this forum will have a meaningful impact unless millions of people read it and then spread the idea. If there's anything to take from this thread it's that crime is a real issue that we should be concerned about but it doesn't mean we should outright deny the immigration. I also wanted to highlight other forms of mismanagement such as the poor conditions many refugees are finding themselves in and the lack of general support they're receiving once brought in to the country.

Quote:
I would say 10 out of the 20 or so countries accepting the refugees having a crime spike directly attributable to the immigrants is pretty meaningful
it would be meaningful if you had proved it, which you did not. You simply ignored the mountain f evidence which undermined your foregone conclusion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silveroak View Post
it would be meaningful if you had proved it, which you did not. You simply ignored the mountain f evidence which undermined your foregone conclusion.
What evidence? Again, I'm the only one who's provided any tangible evidence on the issue. You mean to say that the spikes in crime across over half of the European countries who let in immigrants isn't enough evidence that if we don't manage it correctly there could be problems?

What would qualify as "evidence" for it then? At this point we're just talking in circles, and you've changed your points over half a dozen times now. Can't you see how short-sighted you're being?