Non Sequitur

A place for light-hearted forum games and other threads that don't promote discussion.

Simple Truths

42. dolphins are jerks
43. I'm batman
44. I am the pumpkin king!
45. I'm not allowed to be pretty anymore

47. I know kung fu.
48. There is no spoon.
49. I'll be back.
50. I need a vacation.

51. An answer of yes or no to the question "Is your answer to this question 'yes'?"

53. An ocean (n.) is "one of the five large areas of salt water that cover much of the Earth's surface" (source: Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary).
54. Removing a liter of water from an ocean does not make it stop being an ocean.
55. In other words, an ocean, minus one liter of water, is still an ocean.
56. Therefore, removing another liter of water from an ocean, minus one liter of water, would not make it stop being an ocean, either.
57. In conclusion, even if we remove water from an ocean one liter at a time, until there is no more water in the ocean, the ocean is still an ocean.
58. But, an ocean is defined as being "one of five large areas of salt water that cover much of the Earth's surface."
59. "0 cubic centimeters" is not a large area.
60. Nor does an area of "0 centimeters squared" cover much of the Earth's surface.
61. So an ocean can simultaneously be an ocean and not an ocean because oceans are only defined using vague descriptors.
62. The above is a demonstration of the sorites paradox at work, and also demonstrates why qualitative observations tend to be less reliable than quantitative ones; a more realistic example removes one grain of sand at a time from a heap of sand, which is what the paradox gets its name from.

63. The number 63 lies precisely 21 digits beyond life, the universe, and everything.

64. Rule 34 and Rule 63 are often closely intertwined.

65. In the difference of a single day being the age of 23 and 24 are much the same.
66. As are in the difference of a single day 73 and 74.
66. Since the difference of a day makes no difference of how the ages feel, then 23, though separated by 18627 singular days, feels much the same as 74; and even 1 feels much the same as 100.